"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Off the Grid.

I'm finally sitting down at 9pm to look at all my hard work, yard work. I am sitting in my old lady robe with my feet up looking at my patio. The flowers are colorful, the birdfeeders are full and the grass is DEAD!
Oh well. Welcome to Michigan drought 2016.
The heat has been tough to run in but not impossible. I know it is good for my training so I make sure to get out there.
Last year, I managed to run pretty modest, This year I think I have been mostly shirtless. My sports bra has been drenched and I have been sweating like a man.
This morning I ran out to the track. It was a morning of suck. The humidity was as thick as snot. After 2 intervals, at a less than desirable pace, I wanted to walk with the old guys that were on the track. They were laughing, smiling and carrying on what appeared to be a fun conversation. It was probably about how thankful they were to not be me. I wanted to strip my tank top off but didn't want to give them more to laugh at. "Poor girl could wear a tank top that says 'front and back'"! I kept it on.
I couldn't even look at my watch, I was feeling embarrassed. My chin was literally dripping with sweat, my lungs were confused and full of hate and my legs felt like they were running through swamp water.
Shockingly, after I finished my run it was a decent pace.

RUNDOWN:
Distance: 6 miles
Pace: Average 8:16
I had full intentions of running again this evening. It was a great plan until my day of cleaning, flower and shrub shopping and gardening caught up with me. I even had a running partner, Claudia wanted to run. However, it was 6:30 and I still had to fire up the grill for dinner. I tapped out.

Junes Miles:
My miles were down on account my father in law had open heart. My running was put on the back burner without a thought.
I was also a camp counselor for the last week in June, that really hurt my miles also.
TOTAL Miles: 177.
TRAIL RUNS: 6
TRAIL MILES: 54 miles
RACES: Wings Of Mercy 5K.

Well, I am back on the radar. I am alive and well. Over and Out.

Anita


No comments:

Post a Comment