"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Thursday, August 15, 2024

Divinely Capable; not "I Can't"

 "It is the athlete's job to learn to do the hard things easily." John Jerome

A couple of weeks ago, I was running solo, the Lord impressed a powerful word on my heart:
capable.


He reminded me that I a so much more capable than I give thought to. The Lord counseled me, reminding me He created me in His likeness, with a unique design and purpose. He taught me to LEAN on HIS STRENGTH, HIS POWER, HIS STAMINA, HIS ABILITIES, which far surpass my own. 
The bible says in Philippians 4:13, "I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength." This verse reassures us that with God's help we are empowered to accomplish anything. 

In His wisdom, The Lord also reminded me that I am CAPABLE of doing and being MORE. WE are all CAPABLE of so much more. We often respond to questionable things with..."I CAN'T" and never even TRY! We are CAPABLE of so much more than we often give ourselves credit for. You often hear the encouragement to "believe in yourself"; I have never been a fan of that. Imagine if we all believed in what the Lord could do through us, we would be CAPABLE of far more than ourselves. 
Ephesians 3:20-21 "Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to His power that is at work within us." 

2nd Corinthians 12:9-10 "For when I am weak, than I am strong.." emphasizes that HIS power is PERFECTED in our weakness.
Let's embrace this divine capability in all areas of our life. 
In Loving Others.
In Helping Others.
In Listening Better. 
In Organizing our Time.
In Forgiveness. 
In Relationships. 
In Gratitude.

Let us trust in His Power working through us and discover how much more we can achieve when we lean on Him. 
Isaiah 40:29-31 "He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak...but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength." 
 In His strength, we are CAPABLE of the extraordinary.


THE RUNDOWN: 
"Running an ultra is 90 percent mental, and the other 10 percent- is mental too!"  Hal Koerner

The last month, I have trained on so many different trails. The weather has been stifling, the humidity has been brutal, but I have stayed disciplined to my training getting up even earlier to beat the heat.

Trails I have ran the last 6 WEEKS: 

  • Island Lake
  • Highland Rec
  • North Country Trail
  • Potowami Trail
  • Ferguson Bayou
  • Holly Rec
July, I ran Bastille 15K as a training run preparing me for NCT in 2 weeks. I have not posted a lot of my training. 
I snuck in a marathon with some friends as another training run. But I praise God He has kept me strong and healthy. 

Yesterday morning, I went out for a 4-mile run and decided to push myself.  Each mile I was determined to go faster. shockingly, I felt great. I finished my run with my heart pounding and sweat dripping and in TOTAL AWE of my capabilities! I tried to push it even when I didn't feel confident I could. I finished sub 8min/mi with my last mile a 7:35min/mi. after coming off a 100-mile run week. 
My AWE was not in MYSELF but in what the Lord did through me. I am DIVENELY CAPABLE and so are YOU. 
 
In Peace, not Pieces. 
Anita 

No comments:

Post a Comment