"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Tuesday, April 9, 2024

Cut the Cord

 "Don't believe everything you think." Unknown 


Andy and I were on a road trip this past weekend to the Ark. We were not going anywhere fast driving down to Kentucky. It would be our farthest trip pulling our camper and giving us almost 6 hours of driving time together. 
That time was occupied with random conversations, podcasts and sharing our music favorites. 
Andy was not a big fan of my playlist but not opposed either. Andys music playlist gave me instant anxiety and sweaty palms more so than driving a 30ft camper through construction and hills. 
One song of his caught my attention, not because I liked the song, rather because I liked the title. 
Cut the Chord. 
My mind began firing off all sorts of thoughts. 


ATTACHMENT: Cut the Cord
I trailed off thinking of the different things I have been attached to that I needed to cut the cord on. 
Areas of my life that I have had to learn to LET GO of. 
Areas I have clung on to, too tight, too long. 
People I have clung on to, too tight, too long. 
Ideas I have clung on to, too tight, too long.

Cut the Cord of YOUR PAST. 
Most of us hold onto our yesterdays and struggle to enjoys our todays. 

We hold onto Failures, Mishaps, Misfortunes, Bitterness, Dreams, Expectations, Hurts/Wounds
We Hold onto People.
We hold onto Ideas. 
We hold onto Habits. 
You fill in the blank. 

When we are attached to the cord, we will find ourselves STUCK. You were meant to move FREE. 
Freedom is cutting the cords that hold us back!


RUNDOWN: Cutting MY CORDS
As I am aging and still running, I am learning to embrace running at 50 in the capacity the Lord has me. 
When I compare myself to others or to my younger self, I am no longer FREE. 
The Cord of Comparison will rob you, you will never feel equipped, or confident or even secure. 
The Cord of "Stinking Thinking": Most of us have a tendency to OVERTHINK. I have another race in 2 weeks. It will be my 50miler, Thumb Coast. If I am not careful, I will overthink my training. I will compare it to training when I was younger. And if I am really struggling, I will compare myself to other athletes. I have to CUT the CORD or that chord will become a noose. 
I have learned when I cut the cord sometimes, I am a little vulnerable, a little unsteady but I will learn how to sail solo.
God's word is my teacher. He guides me, teaches me, comforts me, and steadies me. 

Week of Apri1-April 7th 
Distance: 56.55
Elevation: 2.400
LEGACY Trail: Andy and I found this great paved trail in Kentucky, and we discovered a little park for a waterfall trail, Cove Spring Park. We came in a day earlier and had fun adventuring!

Struggles
: Vacation is always a bit of a struggle for me when it comes to training. To compensate for that, I racked up my miles in the beginning of the week to allow me to not be anxious about running over the weekend. There was no pressure to run Saturday or Sunday. I had to Cut the Cord of routine and BOOM!! Its All GOOD! 





Training as an athlete at this season of life has me cutting the cord to a lot. 
Living on this side of eternity has showed me cords I have held onto to and even picked back up. 
We were meant to be FREE from holding onto things that were NEVER meant to be gripped so tight. 
LET GO. 

In Peace, Not Pieces,
Anita

No comments:

Post a Comment