"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Tuesday, January 23, 2024

"OH WELL"

 "I'd rather have a life of 'Oh Well's' then 'What If's'". 

I am just not sure how I feel about turning 50. 
Where did time go? My mind says I am still 15 years old but the rest of me is in complete disagreement. 
So, I decided to EMBRACE it. 
  • I decided to set BIG goals. 
  • I decided to go for the GUSTO. 
  • Go Big or Go Home. 
  • There is always more life to live!
  • I like the idea of at least trying. No regrets. 
2024 Running GOALS:
  1. A race a month
  2. A race in EVERY increment.  
  3. Maintain 50 miles a week. 
  4. Qualify for New York City marathon.
  5. Give God the Glory. 
  • 10Miler: The Crim August
  • 1/2 marathon: 
  • 25K: Snow Moon Race February 
  • Marathon: Treasure Coast Marathon Florida March 
  • 50K: 
  • 50mile   Yankee Springs January
  • 100K: Black Beards Revenge Outer Banks March
  • 100mile: Kettle Moraine June


 "I'd rather have a life of 'Oh Well's' then 'What If's'". 
Every obstacle serves a purpose. So does every success and every failure. 
Even if I FAIL, even if it ends UGLY, even if...I TRY. 
I am just going to GO for it. 
I am going out in FAITH. One step forward, a little fear but a whole lot more FAITH. 
I am going forward not looking for failure or flaws rather the potential that Faith can deliver. 
It's not about ME getting the glory; it's about GIVING HIM the Glory. No matter the outcome, the Lord gives purpose to it all. 

It's strange to see this 50-year-old woman staring back at me in the mirror. My wrinkles are adding up and getting deeper, the gray hair is surfacing boldly and yet I find myself laughing through it all. 
Life has not been easy for me. 
But I laugh. 
I mentioned my wrinkles to a friend a couple weeks ago. They responded, "Quit Laughing Soo MUCH." 
My wrinkles are not proof of a life of defeat and discouragement, they are an illustration of ZEAL. A biproduct of my Faith and Love for the Lord....
Of Joy. 
Of Faith.
Of Love. 
Of Dreams. 

So here we go, all in, everything I have and even more, Everything He has for me. Even IF I fail, I won't have regret not trying!

Scriptures of Encouragement:
  • Joshua 1:9 "Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous! Do not tremble or be dismayed for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go." 
  • Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not evil, to give you a future and a hope." 
  • Galatians 6:9 "Let us not become weary in well doing, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up." 
RUNDOWN: 

Week of Jan 15-21
Distance: 66 miles
Time: 11 hours
Elevation: 1,010
Longest Run: WALK BRREAKS/ INTERVALS
Indian Springs 24.10 miles. 16 miles with Andy, 8 miles solo. This was a hard run. Winter running is full of stinking thinking. I gave myself a walk break every 2 miles to crash the mental chatter. This walk break was brief, but it did the trick! It gave me something to look forward to, it changed my running pattern, and it helped to encourage me to keep going! 
I OVERSHOT my mileage considerably BUT here is why...
I have a sweet friend, a mom who works full time training for a marathon. She needed company for her long run-on Sunday. This weather is tough training weather. I knew that Andy was there for me on Saturday and vise versa, and this allowed me to finish with success. Even though I didn't need more milage I knew the company would help her. 
Running is more than using your legs, its about using your gift for others to be successful to you. 
Iron Sharpens Iron. 


"Faith expects for God what is beyond all expectation." Andrew Murray

In Peace, Not Pieces, 
Anita

No comments:

Post a Comment