"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Thursday, May 12, 2022

Honey Child, caught in Somewhere

Pleasant words are a honeycomb, Sweet to the soul and healing to the bones.
 Proverbs 16:24


 Here I am, feeling caught somewhere in the middle of someplace, drifting gently in the middle of something, not heavy to one side or another. 
Just somewhere in between. 

I don't quite fit in. 
In the churchy crowd I am not churchy enough. I can't recite, remember or recognize scriptures so eloquently. I don't have the Godly jargon down, I sit on the outside looking in. 
I stammer my words; I blunder my verses and my bible knowledge is somewhere in there but gets lost in translation. 

In the wild world of others, I am too churchy. My spiritual blunders not noticed but my passion and love for Jesus is noticed. My strength, my breath, my gratitude, my purpose all from the Lord is mayhem to many and hypocrisy in the faults of my imperfections. 

To the church I am not enough.
To the unchurched I am too much. 
Here I am somewhere in between. 
Somewhere in the middle of two whereabouts. 
Cautious of being "lukewarm".
God Forbid. 

Hush, sweet child, honey child, daughter of mine...shhh. 

I ran harder this morning. The sun beat hotter on my bare skin and I swallowed back that lump of emotions thick in my throat. 
My breath was loud as I struggled those first couple miles as my body warmed up. 
I prayed. I cried out to for security. I prayed my secret prayers that are hidden deep in my soul. I shared the thoughts of shame and sorrow seeking comfort. 
My convictions, my confusions, my Counselor please come and rescue me.  

As my run came to the end, the sweat on my brows felt like comfort. My breathing was now rhythmic, my heart was at peace and I smiled and softly laughed to myself thinking of God, calling down on me, "Honey Child....My sweet child....I am chasing after you, you will always fit in my arms." 

Pleasant words are a honeycomb, Sweet to the soul and healing to the bones.
 Proverbs 16:24


In Peace, not Pieces,
Anita~

3 comments:

  1. I always wonder why do you run with such ardent posture ? Such consistent efforts! I feel that your words have given me the understanding. Running is where Jesus meets you πŸ’•. It’s Jesus and you , can’t beat that πŸ™ŒπŸ½πŸ™ŒπŸ½. Run on Anita …loving your words. Lourdes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You Jesus for Anita❤πŸ™πŸ™ŒπŸΌ⚘

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anita, you are breath of fresh air is what you are! Win the prize, go for the gold m, wear your crown humbly for your Jesus! To me, one lady that follows Barn 45, is inspired every day by your faithfulness to the cross, to the race. Well done Sister child! Well done!! πŸ’›πŸ€✝️❤️πŸ’™

    ReplyDelete