"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Sunday, June 16, 2019

When dealing with ME: Heads UP

This week has been an interesting week. It has been good, mostly. I have had a couple awkward encounters that have left me feeling out of sorts.
I decided to help a few people out that struggle with that uncomfortable Cancer encounter.

HEADS UP: 

"Spend your mental energy NOT worrying about your body image and redirect it to developing a stong mind. You will need this if you are going to be a force to be reckoned with!" Sarah Jamieson
I KNOW a Bald Head can be scary...I will try not to put you in tears like l did my nephew!

It is as awkward for you as it is for me. But PLEASE if you know me.....DO not AVOID me when you see me.
Please treat me like the SAME ole Goofy ANITA.
I will not introduce myself to you "Hi! I have cancer, you wanna see my new haircut?"
BUT listen, LOOK AT me. Please don't avert your eyes. I am already insecure of my appearance.
I need you to hug me.
I need you to approach me with courage.
I need you to engage with me.
I need you to know I do not have the plague, or the Ebola virus. You aren't going to catch my cancer but you are going to hurt my feelings when you know me but don't acknowledge me or run in the other direction.


Church Support:
A big Thank you to all the churches that have put me on their prayer requests.
Thank You Kris T. for adding me to your prayer list at church.
Thank You Mount Bethel for adding me to your prayer list.
Thank you Baptist Church of Hadley for your prayers and support.
Thank you Hillside Bible Church, Thank you to all of you that have reached out to me. I have received so much love. The cards and the prayers have meant so much. Pastor Cliff and Joanne have always been such a blessing to me.

RUNDOWN:
This week was a good week of running. I was able to get my miles up in a very conservative manner. I am so thankful for good running partners.
My running partners carry extra water for me, extra food for me and are so good at managing our runs to help me stay healthy.
I do not exert myself. It is actually a little embarrassing. They will make me walk when they hear me breathing! But we walk every mile, drinking, eating and running at a slower pace.
This week as I added up my miles I was quite surprised.
Weekly miles: 48miles
(That also includes my walking)
I also take naps or rest after every run letting my body recover!
"Anyone can work hard. The best have the discipline to recover." Lauren Fleshman

***************************************************
I want you to meet someone...
This is TAMMY. Tammy is  a client/friend of mine. If it wasn't for Tammys concern several weeks ago I am not sure where I would be today. 
I had shared with her that I had found a lump. Tammy does not skirt around things. She is real and authentic, "ANITA, you can NOT mess around with that...." 
Cancer has affected her family in a heavy way. Her passion and concern was enough to kick me in the arse. And despite what the mammogram results said I got a biopsy that would diagnose me with breast cancer. I am so thankful I did not wait another 6 months for another mammogram like they ordered. My triple negative breast cancer is a very aggressive and fast growing cancer. I am afraid I would have been in worse shape. 
Tammy was in this week. She brought me the cutest card. I LOVE cards. "One day at a Time.....Its ok to take it at your own Pace."  With a little snail on the cover. 
I love you Tammy. 
*****************************

"Our prayers unleash the powers of God in the life of another individual. " Dr. James Dobson

Please know my heart. I hope you know that I love people. I hope this post helps you if you struggle seeing someone you love with Cancer. 
I was very blessed with the honesty of a friend of mine, Charlie. He wrote me a letter and was very transparent with how he was coping with my cancer. This transparency means everything to someone dealing with cancer. 

Anita~

4 comments:

  1. I am giving you a virtual hug right now. I promise to give you a physical one in person next time I see you! I love your quotes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Steve, Thank YOU! I love those hugs. I know you like quotes too. I have enjoyed quite a few of yours.

      Delete
  2. So proud of you, your courage,your honesty what a blessing you are to so many. Gods speed kiddo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kim, How are you sweetness, It is always so good to hear from you. I am trying sister, a positive attitude can only produce positive results! You know I am pretty honest, sometimes to a default!

      Delete