"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Thursday, June 6, 2019

Round 3 Chemo.

Philippians 4:13 "I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength."

Chemo, Wednesday 10am
Clarkston MHP Radiation Oncology Institute 
9am w/Dr. Cotan my oncologist
Visitors, Andy, mom, and yesterday AUSTIN!

Round 3 or 4 of my dose dense A/C. (Adrimycin Cyclophosphamide
I was looking forward to seeing Dr. Cotan. I might have still been on an endorphin high after my rain run  with Lacey at 8am.
We just knocked out 3 miles, I am in a habit of running before my chemo now, mostly because I know I am not going to be do much running for the next 3 days.
Poor Dr. Cotan. I confessed my running. He averted his eyes, I am guessing because he just didn't know what to say. He did say my labs needed to be scheduled differently if I am doing long runs on Mondays,  he wants another blood draw. I thought Andy was going to seriously put duck tape on my mouth, I know what this "look" looks like, I get it often.
But I didn't care, "Yes, I ran 14 miles this past Monday.... and 40 miles last week..." Dr. Cotan was choosing his words. Andy was piercing me with his eyes, and I sat there proud as a peacock smiling.
Kind of grimace thinking "and you said I couldn't .."
After that debacle, and trust me it was, we changed subjects to my recent genetic results, BRCA1 mutation and how my treatment will changed.
Upon completion of my this treatment plan, 4 rounds of A/C every other week I will get a 1 week break.
From there, I will have 12 weeks of Taxol chemotherapy EVERY week. They will now be adding a Carboplatin drug every 3 weeks. unfortunately there are again side effects.
  • nausea
  • vomiting
  • weakness
  • hair loss
  • pain
  • ear infection
  • numbness and tingling of extremities
Thankfully, it will only be every 3 weeks and thankfully I already know what most of those side effects feel like. 

Chemo went smooth, I did everything the same as my last round. I woke up with no head ache today. 
I enjoyed having Austin there to support me and be part of this journey. It took a lot of courage to come and see me. My XC team got me a very large gift card to Tim Hortons, I had them buy the office donuts. I tried to drink my coffee, it was a struggle. They did bring me a breakfast sandwich that was yummy. 
We played our card game again, 5 Crowns. If your ever in the area and want to stop by I hope you like cards. Austin quit after round 10!
This time they did the Neulasta in the Chemo room. 
Just applying the Neulasta doesn't hurt....
I was a bit embarrassed as I waited for the poke. "Amber" one of the nurses laughs and says "That is why I don't like roller coaster rides, it is the clicking." Yep, that little contraption BEEPS then POKES you! "OUCH" I squealed.
Beep, Beep, Beep......POKE!
Hair Loss.
A friend of mine and I are running a relay together, we were trying to figure out a team name. 
Some of the names shared 
  • "TrailBLISSTERS"
  • "Should've turned left"
  • "Mid leg Crisis"
  • "Sole sisters"
  • "The Tortoise and the Hairless"
  • "Lost in Pace"
To name a few! "The Tortoise and the Hairless" was just good comedy relief. My hair is still shadowing over my puney lil scalp. I am amazed at how small my skull is. It is the size of a Smurf. 
I have a friend that gained 20 lbs. during chemo, OH my Gosh, if I gain 20 lbs. and loose ALL my hair, I am going dressed up as  Willy Wonka's  Oompa Loompa's for Halloween! 


Yesterday, on the way home I ate again! We stopped at Jersey Mikes. I ordered a mini sub. It was gone before we got home!
I was going down fast. I can't lay down in my bed. It makes me depressed, I want to be in the family room, with the windows open. Just one of the weird quirks I have, 

Today, I crawled out of bed about 8:30. Andy has really put his apron on. Last night, he made a homemade glaze and grilled chicken thighs, I was craving mashed potatoes and corn, he made mashed potatoes, I think for the first time in his life. It was a great dinner, the thighs were AWESOME. Recipe Honey Sriracha grilled chicken thighs .
Today, scrambles eggs, (From Katies Farm) and a buttery English muffin, half. I ate it all with orange juice.  My belly is not friendly. 
But I am up, somewhat dressed, blogging and looking forward to my father in law and girlfriend Holly visiting me. 

All things thankful. 

Yesterday, way Ariels birthday. I envisioned her next to me. Playing cards, sharing a long story full of details and expression. I thought of this battle and how she would be so proud of me. She loved me soo much. I thought of fighting this God forsaken cancer in her honor yesterday. Yesterday, in my heart I dedicated my Chemo to Ariel, my lil fighter. 
Anita

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the updates. You are brave. I’m praying for you every day ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Diane, I really appreciate it, it is such a HUGE encouragement to me.

      Delete