"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Wednesday, June 12, 2019

A Gift for you


So lets pretend a little bit. 
You wake up in the morning and as soon as your alert, you hear the doorbell ring. 
"Hmm" you think as you grab your robe and curiously walk to the door to peek on who's out there. 
Nobody. 
No one is outside. You open the door to investigate. Again not seeing anyone. However, to your surprise rests a beautiful packaged gift. 
Your heart skips a beat, because we all love surprises and gifts are so much fun. We feel childlike looking at the big bow and sparkly wrapping paper. 
We are eager to open it and discover its contents. 

The GIFT alone makes our heart dance. 
The GIFT alone makes us smile. 

Today, three miles from home I stood sweaty and tearful holding My GIFT.
I held the GIFT of "Today". 
I felt so humbled. Today was given to ME. What if today was designed for Anita. 
Anita's Day. 
"Today" showed up beautifully wrapped with my name on it. 
I cried on the side of N. Holly rd. I couldn't stop. 
I felt the warm sun kissing my bare skin.
The breeze gently wafting through the air. I could smell fresh cut grass and hear the birds chanting with each other. 
I felt my gift. I embraced all the elements overwhelmed with love and gratitude. 

And I ran. I smiled with tears streaming. I felt so complete. 
At that moment nothing mattered. 
Everything seemed so trivial. 
My failures, my heartaches, my God forsaken cancer, my concerns, nothing seemed as important as making the very most of my Gift. 
Cancer Can Take my Hair..But it won't take my JOY. 
I have even less hair. 35 days post 1st round of chemo.  I have to run with a bandana on my head. The chemo makes your skin very sensitive. They want me to be  covered with sunscreen. Your skin gets so HOT. After my run my face was very flushed and red. 


Cancer Confession. 
Monday, I ran long. Monday I had blood work. My blood work came back very bad. 
MY LABS:
Lactate Dehydrogenase
4/23: 224
5/14: 296
5/28: 343 
6/5: 432
6/10: 1,109

My lab results showed significant inflammation. possible infection.  My white count was 22,00, it was doubled. The PA was not too concerned unlike Andy.
I made a few mistake this past round of Chemo. Due to significant nauseas and fatigue I got lazy. I didn't eat and drink properly and this made my recovery more difficult. 

Today was a good day. I did take my miles down and only ran 7 miles as opposed to double digits. 

Pain is a good reminder. For me, I will be more intentional with my hydration and nutrition next round. Protein is very important for cellular healing and hydration really helps to flush that poison out of your body. NOTED for next time. 

"Mental will is a muscle that needs exercise, just like the muscles of the body." Lynn Jennings



Anita~
I love all those prayers, I think that is why my hair hasn't fallen out yet! I could have had that Pixie cut another 2 weeks! 

No comments:

Post a Comment