"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Tuesday, June 4, 2019

Day 27, Post Chemo.


Well, I still have hair, its similar to an infant when they loose their baby hair. You can tell where I sleep, I have lost all the back and the sides, it is like a reverse old man hair loss, heavy on the crown bare on the bottom!
Expect for the patches missing, these are a result of me pulling it out to show those in denial that the hair wants to fall out its just still stuck in there.
Oh, and I discovered  I have a scar in the back of my head that I never knew about. Maybe my mom really did drop me, that would explain a lot!

I look like your local stray! 
This is 27 days POST round 1 of Chemo. 
I still have my hair! SORTA!

When we  went to Pentwater and the  sand dunes this past weekend I opted to go without a head wrap.
Go big and go bald.
I don't think many noticed too much, most of Silver Lake were 2 sheets to the wind.
I dressed rather bohemian in my baggy blue drop crotch pants and loose fitting shirt, sporting confidently my mangy bald head. Austin says "Mom, I used to think you were a hippy want-a-be, but the more I see you and you style I realize you are really a hippy mom."
Can you see my patches? 
I am not sure about all that, but I did feel pretty comfortable just being me. I got used to heads turning and smiled back to make the uncomfortable comfortable for everyone.
Always accessorize with a SMILE. 

I have cancer and I am going to continue to live life to the fullest even if I look like the local alley dog.  "My 'Look' isn't something people see everyday, take the chip off your shoulder and remember to be kind Anita". I reminded myself this in my brief moments of insecurity and it helped me so much to soften up. That lil trailer park girl likes to come out every so often and yell "HEY YOU whatcha looking at? I have cancer, what's your excuse?!"
A soft kind smile is so much better though!

Tomorrow is ROUND #3 for CHEMO!
I am mentally preparing myself.
I meet Dr. Cotan tomorrow and I am excited to confess to him how much I have been running, over 40 miles last week. By the grace of God.
I have a lot of questions for him.
  1. What does surgery look like?
  2. Can they do both surgeries at the same time?
  3. Do they do the double mastectomy and reconstruction at the same time?
  4. How long is the process for reconstruction going to take, especially if I want a D cup? (Baaa haa, just kidding, I don't want to step down from the presidency of the "Little Itty Bitty Titty Committee." ) 
  5. How many Lymph nodes are they going to remove? My lymph node that was very large is already non existent to find. Praise Report. 

Andy says "So Anita, should we play the Rocky soundtrack to get you all pumped for tomorrows treatment?" 

So that wraps it up for tonight. Prayers for good blood work and a smooth treatment tomorrow are always appreciated. 
Thank YOU!

Anita~

8 comments:

  1. Sending you lots of love and prayers, girly-girl. 🙏❤🙏

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Sheryl, OH this it means so much to me that you keep me in your thoughts and prayers. I want you to know that it gives me such comfort and encouragement. <3

      Delete
  2. You look Gorgeous! Prayers and good thoughts coming your way! ��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tina, you are so very kind. Thank you :)

      Delete
  3. Jim and I pray for you each and everyday. Love you so much itty bitty titty girl. You are a Warrior and are lifted to our physician Jesus Christ. Hugs Nita Girl. Smooth chemo tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Minnie, God is using you in great and mighty ways. In my life alone you have touched my heart. I am very grateful for your continued love and suppot.

      Delete
  4. Lifting you up in prayer this am-- I pray for you to get the answers you need and that chemo is as easy on you as possible. Hugs from Maryland! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All the way from Maryland! Thank you Melissa. I have gotten answers not always the ones I want to hear, but ones I need to hear. I am grateful for Dr.s and all their knowledge and the nurses have been fabulous. It makes the journey a little less rocky, Than you for those prayers, I can honeslty say they are being heard.

      Delete