"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Monday, April 10, 2023

What IS and What IS NOT.



On my days off I spend little time putting myself together. I know I should spend a little more time "painting the barn" and combing out my hair, especially the older I get the more work I need. 
I wake up early, give the Lord the first part of the day and try to cram 10 hours of stuff into 8 hours of day. 
I usually look like a I just got off the hot mess express!
Today, I had to run to the hardware store to buy some more flower seeds. I didn't realize how terrible I looked until I recognized how people looked at me! 
I was still in my running clothes from 7:30 this morning. Today is hair washing day, so my hair looked more like I was homeless than a hair stylist and my oversized fuzzy crocks were a total eye sore. 
As I walked in, I had some curious looks, but I just acted like I didn't notice as I looked at each of them with a big smile and cheerfully responded with "Hi!"

I have been doing a bible study in 1 John. We have been studying LOVE. 
So for the next few posts I want to share a few different biblical perspectives on LOVE. 
John 3:16 is one of the most famous verses, "For God so LOVED the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have everlasting life."  
LOVE has gotten so marginalized. 
We really struggle liking one another let alone LOVING one another. 
 
"LOVE is patient, Love is kind, and is not jealous; Love does not brag and is not arrogant, does not act unbecomingly; it does not seek its own, is not provoked, does not take into account a wrong suffered, does not rejoice in unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things." 1 Cor. 13:4-7

WHAT LOVE IS: 
First, LOVE is a VERB, it is action. It is NOT a feeling. Feelings come and go. Feelings are circumstantial. Feelings are conditional. 
  • LOVE is Patient.
  • LOVE is Kind.
  • LOVE rejoices with the Truth.
  • LOVE Bears All Things. 
  • LOVE Believes All Things. 
  • LOVE Hopes All Things.'
  • LOVE Endures All Things. 
WHAT LOVE IS NOT:
  • LOVE is Not Jealous. 
  • LOVE does Not Brag.
  • LOVE is Not Arrogant. 
  • LOVE does Not Act Unbecomingly.
  • LOVE does Not Rejoice in Unrighteousness. 
  • LOVE does Not seek its own. 
As I say "Hi" to those who don't know me I am trying to lead with LOVE. I am trying not to seek my own insecurity, or get offended, or just listen to emotions rather let LOVE lead. 
Letting LOVE show kindness, bearing all things with hope. 
I am reminded of the LOVE of Jesus.


What IS and What IS NOT when is comes to My Running:
  • RUNNING is an Active Lifestyle. 
  • RUNNING is a Place of Humility.
  • RUNNING is a Place of Prayer.
  • RUNNING is Social.
  • RUNNING is where I Train my Fears. 
  • RUNNING is where The Lord has gifted me. 
  • RUNNING is an Adventure. 
  • RUNNING is where I Coach and Inspire Others. 
  • RUNNING is where I Date my Husband. 
  • RUNNING is a great Illustration for LIFE. 
What RUNNING is NOT: 
  • RUNNING is NOT Pain Free.
  • RUNNING is NOT without Failures. 
  • RUNNING is NOT Every Day. 
  • RUNNING is NOT an Idol. 
  • RUNNING is NOT a Competition unless in a RACE. 
  • RUNNING is NOT All I DO. 
  • RUNNING is NOT to Prove MYSELF to this World. 
  • RUNNING is NOT for Everyone. 
We are all capable of great and mighty things. To a life to be lived fully. Loving people is all about LIFE, running is just part of life. 
Loving the Lord is my everything. The Lord has been so gracious to protect me and give me a purpose. Even in a life of unfortunate circumstances that at times appeared hopeless and hurtful. He worked out the details of my heart to lead with LOVE and through my running glorify HIM and point others to HIM. 
LOVING others all the time, in all places, to all people can be challenging. Love gives Grace. GRACE upon GRACE. 



RUNDOWN:
On my way home running this morning I saw the grater going down my road. I was so excited as I was able to pick up my pace and PASS the grater, the grater was NOT going that fast but fast enough to make me so excited to pass him! 


Monday: 10
Wednesday: 4.3
Thursday: 13+3
Saturday: 26.2
Sundays: Hike, 2.5
59 Miles
3 weeks out until Trail Weekend 50K. 
Prayers please. Praying for this old body to heal and strengthen. Praying the Lord uses me through the race. 
Take the LOVE of God across to Everyone, in a World that NEEDS it. 

In Peace, Not Pieces, 
Anita~

No comments:

Post a Comment