"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Monday, April 17, 2023

Chicken Wings

Psalms 36:7 " How priceless is your unfailing love, O God! People take refuge in the shadow of your wings." 

 I have been wanting chickens for a while now. I have a couple friends that have chickens and convinced me "It's easy"! 
So I have a half dozen little hens. These 6 are all that survived a gruesome chick massacre. Katie, a coworker of mine fostered her 12 and my 8 until I was able to get their coop, make a run and convince Andy it was ALL a great idea! We lost a couple just by unfortunate circumstances; however, nothing left a bloodbath like the raccoon. It was terrible. 
Raccoons are nasty, mean animals. They ripped those baby chicks out of the little squares of the dog crate one by one. 
It is terrible. Without purpose. Evil. 

I find myself going into the chicken coop just watching them. They huddle up together like a little hen posse, protecting each other, scared together, so vulnerable, so fearful, fragile. 

I drifted off this afternoon watching them. I stood still, afraid to make a move, not wanting to scare them and wanting them to trust me. 

TRUST? 
I laughed. I felt like those little chickens. 
Vulnerable. 
Fragile. 
Scared.
We have all felt this way at some place or another. 
TRUST, I hardly trust anyone. I am afraid of most people. I have been hurt by the very people you would think you should be able to trust like many of you. 
Like those little chickens, I would just start to trust someone only to have my heart tore apart. 

I stood looming over those little chickens. They trembled and squawked, and I just tried to get them to trust me. 
As I watched these little chicks they would try to cuddle under each other's wings. They were searching for refuge amongst each other and afraid or every part of me. 


Psalms 36:7 " How priceless is your unfailing love, O God! People take refuge in the shadow of your wings." 

With the wounds of mistrust, verbal abused, broken, and wounded by those I love and those I trust I am reminded to seek shelter under His wings. 
The Lord is who I put my trust in. He provides with completeness. He gives grace upon grace providing peace for my soul. The peace that passes all understanding. We can come to Jesus empty, with nothing to offer, broken, wounded and in Him be protected, connected and completed. 

RUNDOWN!
Less than 2 weeks for "Trail Weekend 50K. 
With over 70 miles last week it is time to TAPER! 
Time to let the body heal and recover. I am getting excited!! I have put in a lot of training. The Lord has prepared and protected me. My Strength is in HIM. Now to Trust Him and the training I have done the last 16weeks. 
I have had a few runs the last few weeks that have really shocked me. Just when I feel every bit of my age, I would pull out a strong run. Redeeming myself in HIM. 



Andy and I snuck away camping this weekend. It was so nice!

In Peace, Not Pieces, 
Anita



3 comments:

  1. Just beautiful all the way around♥️

    ReplyDelete
  2. You write and speak so
    Beautifully Anita… it is one of your many gifts from God!❤️😇

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this. I just love your stories.

    ReplyDelete