"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Thursday, April 16, 2020

A lot can CHANGE in a year.


The rest of the world has gone on in the ways which they do.
Life has moved on. As it should I suppose.

But not for me. Today...Oh today, the warmth of my humbled spirit flooded my cheeks.
I needed some quiet time. I put my shoes on and headed out to run and to feel closest to God.
"A lot can change in a year..."
One year ago, I was running down the very same roads sobbing. Blinded by the tears that erupted from my eyes.
SO scared.
SO confused.
SO helpless.
A cancer diagnosis.  A very aggressive cancer. "OH GOD NOO" I sobbed just one year ago.
Today, was a cry of great humility. Gratitude, extreme thankfulness.

I heard the lyrics of Laura Daigle and my body shook, overwhelmed with emotion. I wasn't even a half a mile from my house. I couldn't run, I could barely walk as I folded in the lyrics of this song.
You are not hidden
 There's never been a moment
You were forgotten
You are not hopeless
Though you have been broken
Your innocence stolen
I hear you whisper underneath your breath
I hear your SOS, your SOS
I will send out an army to find you
In the middle of the darkest night
It's true, I will rescue you
There is no distance
That cannot be covered
Over and over
You're not defenseless
I'll be your shelter
I'll be your armor
I hear you whisper underneath your breath
I hear your SOS, your SOS
I will send out an army to find you
In the middle of the darkest night
It's true, I will rescue you
I will never stop marching to reach you
In the middle of the hardest fight
It's true, I will rescue you
It was like this song was made for me. 

A LOT CAN HAPPEN IN A YEAR:

  • April 4th: Biopsy
  • April 16th: Dr. Sullivan Stage 2 TNBC 
  • April 17th: Meet Pam Johnson, Breast Surgeon
  • April 23rd: Meet Dr. Matthew Cotant Onchologist
  • April 26th: CT scan
  • April 29th: MRI & Bone scan
  • April 30th: Colonoscopy
  • May 1st: Dr. Sullivan PORT put in
  • May 2nd: Echo
  • May 6th CANCER CLASS
  • May 8th: 1st CHEMO A/C biweekly 8 weeks biweekly
  • May 15th Karmanos Genetic Testing
  • July 3rd Start CarboP every 3 weeks w/ my weekly Taxol 12 more weeks of CHEMO. 
  • August 5th: Blood Transfusion Couldn't receive chemo this week. 
  • August 19th: Meet Dr. Hainer, Plastic surgeon
  • September 25th:FINAL CHEMO!
  • October 10th: Ultrasound
  • October 30th: Double Mastectomy
  • November 12th:  CANCER FREE
  • Novemeber14th: Breast tubes removed
  • November 19th: Meet Dr. Boike, Radiologist
  • December 2nd: Surgery, ovaries removed
  • December 3rd: Surgery 
  • December 18th: Dr. Sullivan Removes port
  • January 6th: FIRST Radiation, everyday 25 treatments.
  • January 22: Dr. Siatczynski, Injured knee
  • January 27th: Start PT on knee, 8 weeks 
  • March 16th: Covid-19 Quarantine begins
Life does not go back to the way it used to be for a cancer patient. 
Life has deep meaning. Its depth is immeasurable. 

It was just a year ago....So much can change in JUST A YEAR. 
Today, I woke up without a port embedded in my chest. 
I didn't have to get another blood draw, I was always frightened they would roll my veins. 
I didn't have to wake up and CONVINCE myself I was good, painting a smile across my face. 
I don't feel nauseas, sick, sweaty or bloated. 

A LOT can change in a year. 
LIVE life to the fullest. 
Love Life.
Smile More.
Love More. 
Appreciate ALL things.

RUNDOWN: I ran 10 miles today. I dedicated them all to those who have gone through BREAST CANCER, or are currently going through. Don't give UP. Stay Strong and  Keep your Faith. 

Sending extra prayers to Ashley and Alice as they continue to go through Chemo for breast Cancer. I Pray for your health and safety daily.
I pray for Cindy as she gets ready to start radiation for her breast cancer. She has had a rough road. 
I am also sending LOVE to Hilary S. for her beautiful testimony as a breast cancer survivor. 
I am very inspired by my sweet cousin LILA as she and I battled the exact same cancer and also shared the BRCHA 1 mutation.  Together we battled this year. Lila never waivered in her faith and was always a light. 
And the biggest thank you to MOM and DAD. EVERYDAY mom texted me, she never missed a treatment. She never stopped praying for me, taking care of me and supporting me and my family.


Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced. James Baldwin

Anita

1 comment:

  1. 💕 I love this and I love you! You are an overcomer!

    ReplyDelete