"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Sunday, December 29, 2019

Shall we...

Are you sick of listening to all my breast cancer rants yet?
All the details, all the Dr. appointments?

Originally this was a running blog. A blog to encourage pipsqueaks like me to press on, to persevere Against the Odds.
Mantra is something that sticks. It becomes second skin. You tell yourself something enough you not only believe it, you breath it and you live. 

A few weeks ago we had a family debate, "What makes a man...." It was actually really funny, Alec, my 17 year old started it based on men changing diapers.
I made the statement that my brother has never changed diapers and I dare him to tell my brother he isn't a MAN.
But then I thought "Hmmm, I wonder if Bobby has ever in his 52 years of living ever changed diapers.
I called him.
"Bobby, we have this debate going on here........have you ever changed any babies diapers?
He laughed and without hesitiation "Yeah silly, YOURS."
I got choked up. I forget my brother took care of me. When things were good and when things were bad he always took care of me. We fought so hard for a different life.  Against the odds we fought, all three of us.

It is like momentum, you keep stride.
And so I am fighting a different fight. I am cancer free but fighting for my strength again.
I am fighting for my security again.
I am fighting for my confidence again.
I am fighting for my routine again.

Everyday I am sore. My feet hurt as I flop out of bed. My back has been torqued for a week. My knees ache like they have never ached before.
These new boobies feel like Dolly Parton but I know they are not much to notice.
BUT I am so excited everyday to have these pains of LIFE.

I am setting some pretty lofty goals for 2020. Those goals that scare me. I am not sure if I will be able to pull them off but I am going to try harder then ever.

I have bared my deepest goals with Lacey and she knows I am scared.

Pontiac Lake
Thursday Lacey and I ran 10 miles on the bike trails at Pontiac Lake. We kept it steady and easy, running most of the hills.  It was 52' allowing me to run in a skirt. (One of the few that still fits me)
The trails were a bit sloppy, I only slipped once in the mud, it was a slow fade four point fall.

It feels good getting back in to a half routine again.

It is getting that long run back up.
The only way for me to get my strength and endurance back up is getting out there and turning the legs over.
Even though Lacey and I ran 10 miles on Thursday we didn't count that as out "Long Run"

Sunday Runday has alwasy been our long run.
Todays goal was 12 miles, backroads.

Mother Nature was on time. She said she would be done raining at noon, and she was.

I had my new hydration vest on to try out. The Nathan VaporHowe 4L.
Laceys plan was to run an "Out and Back". I interrupted that very basic and fail proof plan with what I thought was a better one.
It was a better one until we realized that our 12 mile run would calculate to almost 14 miles!
I looked like a hot mess! But LOOK at all that hair!! 

Thankfully, we are working on our endurance more than our pace, therefore, we still had enough energy to tackle 13 miles and walk the .75 back home.

SO TAKE THAT! BAM! I knocked out 13.75 miles today! I am as happy as a pig in poo. And that is exactly what I looked like with mud kicked up all over me.

Collision:
“Success in life is not for those who run fast, but for those who keep running and always on the move.”
I was taught to keep fighting. I wish my mother would have fought harder, this December marked another year without her. 
Unknowingly, she taught me to fight. To never give up. I press on for many reasons. Even in her death I am reminded in every trial to never give up.  
We gotta keep fighting. Against the odds, in  adversity, in pain, tragedy, trauma, we have to fight. 
And we can't fight being a doucher. We have to fight kindly, fairly, with integrity. (Free commercial)
“If you never try, you'll never know. You are what you manifest.”
Germany Kent





1 comment: