"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Tuesday, December 10, 2019

BOOBIES!

The LORD is my strength and shield. I trust him with all my heart. He helps me, and my heart is filled with joy. I burst out in songs of thanksgiving.
Psalm 28:7

3 surgeries in 6 weeks.
I have tried to move everything so fast that it finally caught up with me.
I have to let my body heal. I can't get radiation until January, I'm bummed.
I wanted it all done by the end of the year.
I even thought I could work today. I think I was so open minded that my brains fell out.
However, I have nothing to complain about! I have everything to be thankful for.
Let's get this show on the ROAD! 

Sunday, I decided to go out with a BANG. Andy and I went running at Pontiac Lake.
My abdomen wasn't sore from my oophorectomy I had that previous Monday so a 10 mile trail run sounded fun.
I was determined to run the full 10 miles. I have only ran 3 times since my mastectomy.
Thanksgiving I ran 4 miles.
I ran 5 miles with Lacey.
And I ran the Fantasy of lights 5k.
Pontiac Lake ain't no joke. At mile 3, I was already in the hurt locker. I am so damn stubborn.
I just kept telling myself I WAS going to finish that 10 mile loop come Hell or high water. I didn't care if I went into surgery the following day sore, for that matter that sounded wonderful.
When I got to mile 6 I knew I could gut out another 4 miles. It wasn't pretty, I was sucking a lot of wind, huffing and puffing. I kept telling myself I had to get reacquainted to pain, no excuses. I am not using cancer, chemo, surgery or radiation to be an excuse for not trying. And I am not going to take the easy route either.

I told myself in the beginning of this whole process that having Cancer would NOT be an excuse for ANYTHING.
It wasn't an excuse to behave badly, be lazy, be angry, quit trying or a gazillion other things I could have pulled the cancer card on.


Monday they moved my surgery time up. Troy Beaumont. Everyone was so wonderful. From the nurses to the nurse anesthetist to my anesthetist everyone was laughing, joking and really making me so relaxed. They laugh at how relaxed I am. They could not believe I had just had surgery the week prior. I explained I wanted to get as much done as I could before the year ended.
Mom, dad and Andy all hung out in my little pre-op room. It was like a party! we were having fun with the staff.
Dr. Hainer came in at 1:05 with his blue sharpie to draw me up.
By 1:10 I was gone to La La land.
By 3:30 I was waking up. I was droggy but determined to wake up.
Andy must have taken this. When I got out of surgery, I was shaking really bad. The blankets were heated to warm me up. 
They brought my family back to see me. Andy had Starbucks waiting for me. It was wonderful.
I was dressed and out of the hospital by 4:20.
I was still half out of it. I was wrapped tighter than a Christmas present. I had strict orders. "DO NOT REMOVE THE BANDAGES."

I have the BEST support ever! ALL DONE with SURGERIES! 
At home I was in and out of it.
I couldn't keep my eyes open when we got home. My tee-shirt is also a gift from Connie. "Let your Faith be stronger than your Fears". 

At midnight, I was wide awake kicking the covers and trying to not go bonkers.

Being up all night made it easy to get ready for my 7:30 appointment with Dr. Boike, my radiologist oncologist.
He is so nice. He smiled as he told me that we had to wait at least 2 weeks for my boobies to heal. I kept my smile on but my heart was sad.
I want the best outcome for everything, so I didn't let myself get on a pity party.

We left St.Joes and headed to Rochester for the "UNVEILING" of the boobies! We had a 9:15 with Dr. Hainer.
Wrapped like a mummy

He unwrapped my tender boobies slowly. Then he says "WE have BOOBIES!" I smiled, we did! I have the prettiest lil boobies. I almost feel guilty, getting these pretty boobies from having cancer. I know I could have gone bigger, but that just isn't me.
I stayed an "A-cup". He couldn't give me the fat grafting because I didn't have enough, he said that if he took any fat that it would leave the area unproportioned, creating dimples. Like I don't already have dimples!
But I am thrilled with the job he did. There hasn't been any part of this process that has been terrible. Even at it's worst, I have been so blessed, so loved. I have had the best case scenario for everything.

Now I just have to tackle radiation!

Special Thanks to Connie. She is my neighbor from my old house on Weller Ct. She had this mailed to me and waiting for me when we got home from surgery! Connie has been under the knife and sick herself and she has just spoiled me.
A BIG shout out to Michael Skaggs who  had been battling pancreatic cancer. Today he had a 7 hour surgery to remove his tumor. He did GREAT and was able to get all of the tumor out with clear margins! A miracle.
Also if you could pray for my friend Cindy who is also battling breast cancer and coming close to finishing chemo. I am so proud of her!
And if you could put another high school friend of mine in prayer that too would be great, Josh G has been battling a lung disease and he could use prayers for him and his family.
I love this bra! Thank You Connie!
The LORD is my strength and shield. I trust him with all my heart. He helps me, and my heart is filled with joy. I burst out in songs of thanksgiving.
I could honestly do the Happy Dance. I know I still have 4 weeks of radiation but I am even excited to tackle that. 
I know it is going to be hard, I know most likely my skin is going to burn and I know that it will also damage my new breasts. But I am ALL MOST DONE! 
I am not going to come out of cancer unscathed. It will forever leave its print on me and that is OK because it will forever be a reminder of how God is my strength and my portion. How he took care of me in great and mighty ways. 
It is not alwasy easy when you are in pain to find a good attitude. Or to find positivity. I had my moments I stuck my middle finger up at cancer and all the suck I was going through. But reading Gods word everyday gave me perspective, purpose and joy. 

Anita~

No comments:

Post a Comment