"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Thursday, January 2, 2020

Push

I haven't calculated my running miles for 2019. Truth be told the last entry I put in my running journal was October 27, MCM marathon.
That was my greatest desire to accomplish last year. God kept me strong all summer through chemo for my hearts desire.
From that point, no more miles were logged and very few miles were planned. I still had a wish to run but it wasn't a burning flame.

Now I am going into 2020 at 46 years old. Ah...the thirst for a new year of goals makes my heart palpitate.

BUT first...
I start radiation Monday the 6th. 25 treatments, 5 days a week, scheduled the same time everyday, 10:30am.
Radiation is different across the board per person. I have heard some sleep for 18 hours and others are hardly phased. I have read how it is accumulative. It is very common to get burns towards the end.
It is also common for your reconstructive wounds to seep and even discontinue healing.
My dr.s wanted a few weeks after my final surgery to allow my body to heal before radiation. This is why this process was prolonged. I wanted everything yesterday. I tried to squeeze it all in as fast as I could for both insurance purposes and I wanted to put a period on this whole cancer thing for 2019.
But God is much wiser.

My boobies are still not fully healed. I have been slavering vitamin E on my incisions to get it to heal faster.
They are still taking me a lot to get used to. They are heavier. They are no longer my little ski slopes that I used to have. Now they look like lil hockey pucks. You can actually see the implants because I have no chest fat to soften the lines. But I have life and that's what matters most to me. I am very grateful.

Collision
"The one training tool I couldn't live without is my training partners. It's so much  easier to get out the door when you have someone to run with and push you on workout days." Kim Smith

*Monday: GAC, Treadmill, 4 miles, Bike 10 min. cool down.
I had to cool down because I seriously almost puked on the treadmill. I did the incline @ 1% and ran a 8:34min/mi. You would have thought to call 911 I was so red faced and hyperventilating! My sweat was sweating, my face looked like a tomato but I kept thinking of my goals.
*Wednesday: New Years Resolution 8k
Jackie, Anita and Lacey Holly Runners

Melissa, me and Lacey
Lacey and I met Melissa at the Flint YMCA. We registered when we got there. I thought we were registering for a 5K, I went into a slight panic when Lacey said "No, we are doing the 8k...."
The three of us took off together. We joked around, lollygagged and had fun until about mile 3. I noticed Lacey slowly picking up our pace. By mile 4, we lost Melissa and I was barely holding on.
I had enough energy to try and encourage this girl who was in the same boat I was in. She too was trying desperately to stay with her girlfriend.
We lost her on the final hill. Her friend too started to get winded. This is where Lacey then helped her keep her momentum and actually finish seconds before us.
Time: 45:43

TODAY: Complete Runner group run. 5miles.

Andy hung back and let me go ahead. I use this run to try to get a little faster running with those faster than me. I tucked behind Kevin and let him pace me. The poor guy barely knows me and yet had to listen to me panting for 5 miles. I so appreciated that he didn't leave me running through Flint solo!

I feel like I am finally getting into a running groove. Tomorrow is my mapping for radiation.
I pray that I can continue to keep a training consistent program.
I am thankful for those that have helped to push me, encourage me but didn't leave me behind.
I was very thankful to Kevin today. He is so much faster then me. "If you need to walk we can walk..." He would check on me, inquire on how I was doing but he never left me.

I am grateful for the PUSH! I am going to need it, especially the next 5 weeks.
So remember this, who are you helping to push to their goals?
Be an encourament to one another.

Anita~



2 comments:

  1. Anita
    I love how you push yourself and use others as leverage - but while doing so you appreciate them and give them All the credit — maybe more than they deserve (so humble 😘)... it reminds me of my favorite quote - Sir Isaac Newton said “if I have seen further, it is by standing on the shoulders of Giants”... and it is exactly how I feel because YOU are one of my Giants😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That quote...I LOVE IT. I think I camp out on the shoulders of many. I get so much inspiration from other peoples victories. I think of the words you have penned from your experiences and find a beautiful perspective on areas I never seen before.
      Smiles to my beautiful friend.

      Delete