"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Thursday, August 10, 2023

From Wilderness to Wilderness

"Who satisfies your years with good things, so that your youth is renewed like the eagle." Psalms 103:5

Maybe I like the woods because it is hidden. 
Maybe I like the woods because it is quiet, it is serene, it is concealed, it is secluded. 
I am more confident in the confinement of nature; I can hear myself think more clearly and I can hear the Lord whisper to me in the silence. 
It is a place of rescue and a place of reassurance. 

With less than 40 days until Run Rabbit Run 50miler, I am now revisiting my training over the last 8 months. 
  • I have put in over 2000 miles. 
  • Accomplished at least a race a month. 
  • Managed to stay injury free.
  • Maintained at least 50 miles a week.
  • Focused on elevation more than ever. 
  • And managed my running and not let my running MANAGE me. 
The crew going out to Colorado for Run Rabbit Run. We did a training run at Independance Sunday after church. 

I have put in all the work I can without being overworked. I am a wife. I am a mom. I have work, responsibilities, friends, family and my relationship with the Lord. There has to be proper order. While I LOVE running and racing, it is what I LOVE but it is NOT who I am. 
Maintaining balance comes down to THIS: MY FAITH over FEAR. 


FAITH OVER FEAR
When I am out of balance, I am living out of fear that fear drives me to change the order of things. When I am fearful, I will put my faith on the bottom and try to control my outcome. I will find myself putting running in front of everything else not trusting God for His outcome. 
I will operate in my strength, in my stamina, in my goals and in my plan not trusting God for His plan in the gift He has given me. 

With my "A" race fast approaching I am recollecting my training with PEACE. 
I have had my doubts in my training the past several months. 

  • Getting lost at Highball to Thurmond
  • Getting older, 49 is quickly vanishing. 
  • My body is getting older, and recovery is getting slower.
  • My fast pace is no longer achievable. 
    Danielle, Mark, Joe out at Highland Rec today.17 miles and over 2,100 feet of elevation. 

I am so GRATEFUL the Lord remembers our faith and not our doubts. 
Situations and circumstances can dilute our faith leaving us watered down with doubt. 
BUT the Lord rebuilds our doubts, strengthening our faith when we faithfully seek Him. 
Life will distract and derail us when we let FEAR drive us. 
BUT when we LET go in FAITH; that is when our spirit finds PEACE in the wilderness of doubt and fear, then we can pick up our tent and move out!

Renewed from Fear
There are many stories in the bible where men of God ran to the wilderness. Fear took them in a direction of hiding. David ran with fear from Saul. Saul once his mentor, once his encourager, once a man that David looked up to, suddenly became his enemy. Saul became his pursuer chasing David from wilderness to wilderness and cave to cave. David struggled with doubt, but the Lord renewed him through his faith. 
Psalm 103 is a praise for the Lords Mercies written by David. 
103:2 "Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget none of His benefits; 
3. Who pardons all your iniquities, 
Who heals all your diseases;
4. Who redeems your life from the pit,
Who crowns you with lovingkindness and compassion;
5. Who satisfies your years with good things, 
So that your youth is renewed like the eagle." 
 
Eagles live long and mysterious lives, they are a symbol of strength and speed. 
The Lord renews me, taking my fears and my doubts. He draws me out from Wilderness to Wilderness 
and from Cave to Cave. 
And He wants to do the same for you. 

Bless the Lord, O my soul. 

In peace, not Pieces, 
Anita~

No comments:

Post a Comment