"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Tuesday, September 6, 2022

Training in GRACE

 Amazing grace, how sweet the sound
That saved a wretch like me
I once was lost, but now am found
Was blind, but now I see
'Twas grace that taught my heart to fear
And grace, my fears relieved
How precious did that grace appear
The hour I first believed.


ANITA: my name means GRACE. Interestingly enough my middle name Anita, means Bitter. Bitter is a place I do not like to camp at. 
But Grace is a place I like to reside.

  • Grace Saved me. 
  • Grace Taught me.
  • Grace Secured me.
  • Grace Covered me.
  • Grace Accepted me. 
  • Grace Healed me. 
Here I am, 3 years out from finishing my chemo and finishing almost 80 miles of running. Grace taught me to Believe. 

Not to believe in the world.
Not to believe wholly in people. 

Not to believe in my feelings.
But to Believe in HIM. 
To Believe not in my circumstances rather in the Grace He has given me Over them. To overcome. To conquer, to love and to forgive and the Grace to forgive others. 

This summer is the first summer since my cancer in 2019 that I feel whole. Healed from physical injury. 
Many of us still struggle with injuries, injured hearts, injured finances, injured friendships, we all suffer. 
Part of training is more about the INWARD discipline. 
We live outward in this world but our inward discipline reflects the results of our training. 

Grace reminds me He has Redeemed me. To humbly go out in who He says I am, yet with confidence and security in HIM. 
This week I will have close to 80 miles for the week. That is many 5:30am wake ups. Because my morning doesn't start lacing up my shoes, IT STARTS in the word. It starts under His wing, He sets my path. 
He asks us to naturally what we do not want to do.
  • Be courageous.
  • Be fearless.
  • Be brave.
  • Be strong. 
  • Be confident.
But when when we try to do this on our own, we fail. 

The Rundown: 
We labored on Labor Day. 
We have a limited capacity for the strength we need daily. This is why I seek HIM first. God is my source of strength.
There is also strength in numbers.  Monday, I was united in the strength of others to complete 26.2 miles of trail running to prepare me for my Ultra in October, Bear Lake Ultra. 
The humidity was so thick it was like manna coming down. Sarah and Rachel came out to start me out. Sarah was there for the long haul with me. We made an aid station outside of the Wilderness loop to fuel as we would venture out for another loop. 
Justin D would join us for a loop and Antonio and Emily came out for a few hours to support and encourage us. 
Each person showed up with more then their presence. They came with their wisdom, their experience, and their strengths. 
We are meant to BUILD each other UP. That is what each one did. 
Each loop was a different kind of Awesome. 
Thank YOU for all that came out!!

After everyone had left, Sarah and I were left to finishing it out. We shared a special conversation of faith and love. Both in agreement that we have made mistakes, we have made some wrong turns, but to give ourselves GRACE and to give others the same GRACE. 
But in doing so, to remember to LIFT each other UP, to straighten one another crown and keep training in Grace. 

"Grit determines Life Challenges will neither defeat nor define us.
Grace gives kindness to ourselves and others even when its hard."

IN Peace Not Pieces,
ANITA~

No comments:

Post a Comment