"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Thursday, September 15, 2022

Comfort Zone

 "How do you eat an elephant?" 
One bite at a time. 


This morning my running partners were both pushing their goals. They both are building their mileage up with the shadows of injuries and the fear of the unknown. 
I am very blessed to have running partners that are believers. We are not just out running miles, we are praying over one another, encouraging one another, and lifting each other up. 

We met out at Rose Oaks. We do a 7.3 mile loop on the backroads. Each of my partners today ran more miles than they have in a long time. 
As we finished one loop, Rachel hits her watch, smiles cheerfully and says, "14 miles!!! I just ran 14 miles!!" 

"Sharers of suffering and sharers of comfort.." 
I was blessed with 14 miles to both suffer and share comfort with my partners. Rachel was over the moon excited about her added miles and then later shares a confession. 
FEAR. Fear was lurking in the shadows of her abilities. 

Comfort Zone.  FEAR
Today, One of the gals in my afternoon bible study talked about getting out of our comfort zone. 
Overcoming FEAR. 
Fear of the UNKNOWN.
Fear of FAILURE. 
Fear of being out of CONTROL. 
Fear of being UNCOMFORTABLE. 

Fear is the element that keeps us complacent. That steals our dreams, that sabotages our goals and fear is the voice that lies to us. 
We want to believe that trying matters, no matter the outcome. The only way to know is to just do it. 
Do it with fear. 
I am more fearful than I am fearless. I have more failed attempts but twice as many recoveries from those failures all dragging fear along. 
I drug fear, fear didn't drag me or I would never have had my victories or my failures. 
I have a resume' packed with both.
But the story isn't about either victories or failures, it is about OVERCOMING fear to try. 

It's one bite at a time.
One mile at a time. 
A little bit here and a little bit there. 
It might be inconvenient.
It might be uncomfortable. 
It might be unimaginable. 
It might be painful.
But it is not necessarily IMPOSSIBLE unless you never try.  


RUNDOWN: 
"Fear isn't the danger of missing out, often its much greater than the risk of stepping out." 

BEAR LAKE ULTRA is 3 weeks away. The Lord has strengthened me, protected me and continues to prepare me for this 24 hour adventure. 
Bear Lake is in Lapeer, if your in the area you should come out and cheer the runners on! It's a blast! 
THURSDAY is double Run. I ran 21 this morning, I tried to get quit after 2 loops but my running partner pushed me back out there. 
Andy and I had our date with Complete Runner for another 5 miles. Miles of smiles! 

I have brought my miles down this week, allowing my body to recover and rest. 
My belly is constantly hungry! I drink protein shakes and try to eat foods to help in the recovery of my muscles but I love dessert! 
From apple pie to peanut M&M's and Breyers Mint chocolate ice cream is like mana from heaven! 

I praise God for every mile he gives me, I give Him the glory for He has redeemed me. 

In Peace, Not Pieces 
Anita!

1 comment: