"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Monday, May 25, 2020

Quarantine Tip #5 SIMPLICITY

"Everything seems simpler from a distance." Gail Tsukiyama

I can overcomplicate a fart Andy always tells me. I tend to overthink things and create more than meets the eye.
I have been given the acronym "KISS" by many a people.
Keep It Simple Stupid. Its a little raw but it is direct and doesn't dance around the point which is the point!

Andy and I got married at 22 years old 24 years ago. Just babies. We have seen a lot in 24 years.
Last year, was a very tough year in our marriage.
Many many times I would wake up soo sick from the chemo to find Andy standing over me in tears. His strong stubborn wife lay lifeless, fragile and weak.
He never missed a chemo appointment or  a Dr. appointment. I would fight all of hell to try to be normal, to run, to laugh to feel and Andy could tell. He would beg me to not run, to eat more, to drink more, to rest more. He would plead with me in fear I would end up in the hospital.
He would tell me I was beautiful as I sat up on the bathroom counter inches from my face in tears. I didn't recognize myself, so bald, so gray, dark circles and poisoned from chemo I would just stare.
Psalm 116:6  "The Lord preserves the simple; when I was brought low, he saved me." 


Here we celebrate an epic year in the midst of a quarantine.
"Anita, what do you want for our anniversary?" Andy honestly asked.
I wanted nothing. I had everything. LIFE.

SIMPLICITY: 
"Everything seems simpler from a distance." Gail Tsukiyama

During this quarantined life I have learned to enjoy the little things. The simple things.
"I want to get away and run!" I told Andy.
He found us a hotel on the water in Traverse city and a trail in the woods.
It was everything I could have wanted. Experiences have proven to be more meaningful than items.
The Vasa Pathway 25K:
From the parking lot it looked pretty low key, wide, well traveled and maintained.
It was already pushing 80 degrees by the time we started. Not even to the 5k mark we were both sweating and whining about the elevation.
This trail was very challenging. I lead the way and had no problem navigating through the woods. The trail was very well marked. We both brought extra water but Andy didn't bring any salt tabs or Tailwinds for electrolytes. Andy kept calling me a bada$$ because I was running strong.
The hills kept coming, it didn't look bad from a distance but we learned quick that the trail was more than meets the eye!

Rundown: 
Distance: 15 miles
Time: 2:43
Pace: 10:52

SO HERES SOMETHING FUN!
I have guest writers sharing a quarantined tip they have learned the last several weeks. I am so excited to share with you their nuggets!
Tomorrow please join me to read what Jeff, my unofficial coach has to share. 

BIG SHOUT OUT TO CRISTINE K for running 2 marathons back to back to honor the Veterans. I woke up to meet her at 6am in Waterford to run a few of her 4.30 mile loops with her. This gal never quit smiling. Coming in after running 2 loops, Joe Burns was waiting for her in the parking lot to share another loop. The 3 of us did another loop and met up with Danial Sweeney who was chasing 100 miles. He ran through the night and the heat. 
People doing things for others, that is where its at. 

ANITA~

No comments:

Post a Comment