"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Thursday, May 14, 2020

Quarantine Nugget:Confidence.





"Never underestimate the power of dreams and the influence of the human spirit. We are all the same in this motion: The potential for greatness lives within each of us."

WHAT YOU THINK YOU BECOME
WON'T-0 % of happening
CAN'T- 10% of happening
I DON'T KNOW HOW- 20% chance of happening
I WISH I COULD- 30% chance of happening
I MIGHT - 40% chance of happening
I'LL TRY- 50% chance of happening
I WANT TO-60% chance of happening
I THINK I CAN- 70% chance of happening 
I CAN- 80% chance of happening 
I WILL - 90% chance of happening 

I DID- 100% 
Often times we get  Confidence confused with Arrogance. 
Confidence can come from a good place when expressed with humility and gratitiude 
True confidence actually comes from a humble heart. 

Don't mistake confidence for arrogance.
BUT
Don't mistake humility for weakness. 

"As a man thinketh so is he." 

I will never forget running my first marathon in Chicago. Feeling like a little fish in a big pond. All these athletes encircled me as we were corralled together waiting for the gun to go off. 
I had worked so hard and prayed even harder for this. I had a dream that I truly believed I was going to achieve. I was going to qualify for Boston. 
As I nervously waited in my corral, I stood there almost invisible. I had never ran a marathon. And I had never ran a race of this caliber. I was beginning to think I was out of my league. I was in a group all trying to qualify and as I listened to their stories I was feeling more and more inadequate. 
"What's your goal?"
"What marathons have you done?"
"Have you ever ran a marathon?' 
The pacers and runners were asking me these friendly questions. I could tell on their face and by their response they thought my head was in the clouds. I found myself shyly answering. 

When the National Anthem began to play the tears welled in my eyes. 
"Thank you Lord, thank you for bringing me here...Please Lord help me to qualify for Boston...." 
I felt so humbled but I felt so confident. 
My Confidence did NOT come from my abilities. My confidence came in my Faith in God and what HE would do in me. 

That day with scorching temperatures reaching beyond 90' and the only one left in that pacing group this girl qualified for Boston. 

For the non-athlete this still applies to you. 

Quarantine Nugget #2= Confidence

Right now more than ever we need CONFIDENCE. Not ARROGANCE. 
We need people to lead with Love. To set examples that are against the grain. 
We need confidence that seeks serving others and not themselves. 
We need confidence that can show the transparency of mistakes and still seek advice from others. 
We need confidence that does NOT have to prove to everyone their knowledge or skill. 

Today in this "Quarantined Life" fear is embodying so many of us. When I was standing amongst all these athletes, listening to their accolades fear began to creep in. I felt myself slowly fading away. 
I am watching this same fear slowing chipping away at people. 
Amazing people forgetting their value.
Incredible people getting lost in the Facebook frenzy. 
Strong people cowering to confusion. 

Get back in touch with yourself. Write out your fears and try to find ways to navigate yourself out of fear.

Rundown: 
Distance: 3:23 miles
Where: Sorenson. 
These days I include hiking/walking into my miles. We had a little window in the afternoon I was able to get out to have a fun. leisure walk in the woods. 
I am doing my first ever Run Streak. Everyday I have to get miles, run/walk or hike. 
Hiking is such a wonderful to just enjoy. 


“Faith is a living, daring confidence in God’s grace, so sure and certain that a man could stake his life on it a thousand times.” – Martin Luther

ANITA~


No comments:

Post a Comment