"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Thursday, January 30, 2020

NO EXCUSES. Suck it up.

"Believe you can and you are half way there."  
Big HUGS and thanks for Beth coming out from Goodrich to take me to radiation today and lunch. Such sweet time. 
Only 6 treatments left!

I am not giving up yet. I have now been told that I can run by 3people, 1 ortho, and 2 physical therapists. 
But I haven't ran yet. I am not confident in my abilities. I believe I can! 

I have now had 3 PT visits. One with Clint and the other 2 with another one of his therapists. Today, like yesterday my legs were tweaked, rubbed, pulled and hurtin for certain. I thought I would be good to run this evening. 
I was looking forward to running this evening with Andy and Complete Runner. I tested my legs out as I ran around the house. I ran through the kitchen, down the hall into the family room and back to the kitchen over and over.  I ran around in circles with Sheba at my heels thinking it was playtime. 
I was wishy washy about running the 5 miles through Flint. The last thing I wanted was to have to turn back around in downtown Flint. I am not that brave and I am totally not that fast! 
So I stayed home and did some more exercises. My body feels like weak sauce. CANCER SUCKS.
You are pumped with poison cancer killing chemo for weeks and think you are DONE with that last treatment....NOT TRUE. 
No one tells you that your going to experience months of body aches, cramps, fatigue and sweats. My bones snap, crackle and pop like a bowl of Rice Krispies. When I get out of bed, as soon as my feet hit the floor I wince as sharp pains shoot through my feet with every step. 
It is like your body is detoxing like a drug addict. All that chemo ends cold turkey. 
Weeks and weeks of high dosage poison...it takes a toll on you. 
If that poison makes your hair fall out within weeks, if it shuts your ovaries down, If it robs your 20/20 vision, what else do you think it does to you?? 
This was just 16 weeks ago! I have come a long way BABY!
But...I AM SO GRATEFUL for ALL of IT! I am grateful to FEEL the pain I have EVERYDAY. Because I have LIFE and I get to LIVE IT! 
"The obsession with running is really an obsession with the potential for more and more life." 
George Sheehan
Cancer is still not an excuse for me. I didn't run today because I don't think it was wise after a tough PT appointment. Now tomorrow....Tomorrow is a new day full of hope, healing and second chances. 

"Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference." Winston Churchill
I got that "Itchy burning feeling" BAHHAA..Radiation number 19 COMPLETE! 
Let the redness say "Hello".

I have had 19 treatments and am soooo taken back by those that have asked to take me. To come out with me for a treatment that only last 15 minutes tops. I have only gone solo 3 times. I can not say THANK YOU enough. 



"It's hard to beat a person who never gives up." Babe Ruth
 I doing the best with what I have. I am done crying, I have pulled my big girl pants back up, decided to SUCK IT UP, its a hard knock life and someone out there has it worse that I do. Get up, shut up, and show up with a smile! 
Cancer isn't an excuse. 
Be Kind.
Stay Strong.
Never Quit. 
ANITA~ 




2 comments:

  1. That a girl Nita....nothun like a dose of’tude to ignite the flame of ambitionšŸ™

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jeff, Baa Haa...whatever gets the blood flowing, cuz it aint running these days!

      Delete