"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Monday, April 28, 2014

Being the Best YOU!

"When the going gets tough, the tough gets going"
 
We have been hearing this old proverb for years.
Strong people do not give up when they are faced with challenges. We just work harder.
 
Life is full of challenges. Are you the kind of person that plays it safe? The person who stays comfortably numb.
Are you the person who quits when things do not go as scheduled?
Are you the person who can not handle pain or heartache and find yourself crushed beneath it?
 
There is this life outside of our imagination that really does exist. I am so blessed to experience it. It is not a cake walk. It is difficult. It comes with disappointments. It comes with heartache. It comes with failure.
 
But the positive out weight the negative. I am proof of that. What if I lived the very life I grew up?
A life of self centered-ness. I life of not giving back. A life of being overcome and not overcoming.
 
I have learned to dig deep in this life. That you have to tough things out. Sometimes you have to wipe off the tears and just suck it up. There is a time and a place for everything but you can not get stuck on stupid. You cant camp out in the land of "ME".
 
Some of my biggest battles have not been with others. The battles have been with myself.
 
Today,  I was running to my running club that I mentor, my wheels were turning. And my legs were doing a good job of turning over too! I felt great.
 
I was shocked at how well my legs were responding to my run. I felt good, so I ran harder. Why waste my time on mediocrity. "Push the limits"  I told myself. Feel the burn, I challenged myself. It felt so good to run. Why stop at good, when you can have GREAT.
 
I thought of ways I could be a better "Anita".
How could I be the best me?
Maybe it was going to hurt to be the best me.
Maybe I was going to be a little uncomfortable to be the best me.
Maybe the best me was going to grow in the worst situation.
Maybe the challenge to be the best me was to be good towards something that was bad.
 
I was willing to accept the challenge. I started my challenge off with my RUN. I needed to give my best even in the most reliable circumstances.
Being the Best you is a character habit. You have to perform your best in ALL situations. Then you know - no other means.
 
You become tougher by overcoming all things, all the time. You accept everything as a challenge. You look for the challenge to be a better you as part of your constant character.
 
"Do not be Overcome by Evil but Overcome Evil with Good." Romans 12:21
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
RUNDOWN:
Distance: 7.5 miles
Ran solo sub 8 minute to school. Ran with roadrunners. Ran back home at a sub 8 pace. Felt awesome!
 
Challenge yourself to being the best YOU. 5 ways to be the BEST YOU:
  1. Forgive someone
  2. Build a bridge and GET over it
  3. Step out of the box and do something daring
  4. Go visit someone that may need more love than you do
  5. Intentionally encourage people for a entire day!
Anita
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment