"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Monday, September 3, 2012

Running in Sand. Farewell


 Family Vacations can be made out to be like pink butterflies and fluffy blue skies. But you should know me by now, I try not to paint pictures that are not true. Yes. we had a great time but when it went south is went ugly. We are not one of those cute families that never bicker, who have kids that hold each others hands and compliment each other with love and affirmation. I wish. 
My BOYS : My Life


 "The family. We were a strange little band of characters trudging through life sharing diseases and toothpaste, coveting one another's desserts, hiding shampoo, borrowing money, locking each other out of our rooms, inflicting pain and kissing to heal it in the same instant, loving, laughing, defending, and trying to figure out the common thread that bound us all together." - Erma Bombeck

We get along with nit picking, instigating, aggravating and teasing one another. We love each other but we are tough on each other. Yes, there are many smiles and lots of laughs on vacation but we also deal with that other crap too! That's just how we roll. Keeping it real.

Unfortunately, Andy brought his shoes but did not do any running. He is pretty messed up from the CRIM.
So all my runs were solo.

This morning was my last run at Silver Lake. I was exhausted getting up. The past 4 days of physical activities have taken its toll on my body. Every day has been jammed with sun, sand, bikes, dunes, swimming, go carting, Frisbee and the list goes on. I just had to give my farewell run to the Dunes.

It was a easy 3 miler. Simple with smiles and running towards the sun and sand one last time.

Rather than running towards the lighthouse I chose to run towards the sand dunes. This run was going to be short. I was lucky to be able to get in 3 miles. It is just a little over a mile to the Dunes State Park so I headed there and thought I would just add miles if I needed to.

That mile was under my feet in what seemed liked minutes. Suddenly I was looking at this sandy mountain. I pondered  "Should I run up there... with my shoes on? I will be getting sand out of my shoes for the next 3 months."YES!
Running with my shoes on is a totally different experience. I missed the sand between my toes and the nakedness of my feet in the elements but my BROOKS were loving the experience. They were thanking me!

THE RunDown:
Distance:3.01
Pace: 10:42
Time:33
I did a lot of stopping and going. I was not in a hurry. HURRY?? To leave all this?? Noo way. 

I have been thinking about getting some feed back from you all. I want to try and get some discussion going. Sometimes we have questions we want to ask and sometimes we are curious about things and want to know what people think about our thoughts. 

QUESTION??? What is your favorite Distance to RACE? Are you a 5k-er, 10k-er 13.1 or do you like the Marathon?? 
The most popular race is the Half Marathon. Is that Your Favorite?? I really like the Half...But I had a Great marathon in the spring..So good I am signed up to do it again in the Fall!



Anita

No comments:

Post a Comment