"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Sunday, September 16, 2012

Pick her WHAT???? The Pikermi

Pikermi is the the unofficial name of the Half Marathon. 13.1 miles.
The half Marathon is in all a tough feat for many to accomplish, so why should it be in the shadow of its big brother, The Marathon? Why shouldnt it have its own name?? Set apart, individual No half..yet a whole of its own!
Here is how it came about.  The term Pikermi came about  because of the route of the original "marathon" in Greece, which was a route from the town of Marathon to Athens approximately 26.2 miles (the distance of a marathon). The town of Pikermi is about the mid-point between Marathon and Athens, therefore being a distance of about 13.1 miles.

This was my run this afternoon. I ran a Pikermi!!


At Paneras for lunch, I had a Chicken Cobb salad and a WW bagel with honey to eat and washed it down with water.. a lot of water. After brunch at Panera we came home and together Andy and I started getting ready to run.
Stretching, rolling and packing our running tools.

I ran the first 7 miles with Andy but he had to bow out. With each mile his body started to break down. I felt terrible for him. "I just want to run..." He said. It weighed so heavy on me. So did all that water too! Looking for a good hiding place, Andy did the "Look out" and I did my thing!
After saying bye to Andy at home I left with music in my ears and tried to balance out my pace kicking it into gear.

Overall it was a great run. It is important to be fueled up properly and hydrated well on long runs. I have fueled up on a range of menu items I thought would be great and didn't end so well.
Kashi Cereal...WOW...You will toot for miles and miles on one little bowl of this high fiber cereal.
Mexican...This dinner was introduced to the pavement after speed work...Projectile!
*************************************************************************

 New BUY: Andy bought me this skirt by "LOLE". It was a complete surprise! I saw it on vacation and drooled all over it but did not purchase it at60$! It is a heavier skirt: 94%Nylon, 6% Elastane. It has great stretch and is moisture wicking. It is like a sport skirt with athletic pockets and tie strings. LOVE Love this Skirt especially on line for more than HALF the price!!
LOLE Touring Skirt

RUNDOWN:
Pace: 8:49
Distance: 13.01
Time: 1:55

"Remember the feeling you get from a good run is far better than the feeling you get from sitting around wishing you were running."
-Sarah Condor

Anita



No comments:

Post a Comment