"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Thursday, October 22, 2015

The Scattered Trail: Distrations

Proverbs 4:25-27
25 Let your eyes look straight ahead,
And your eyelids look right before you.
26 Ponder the path of your feet,
And let all your ways be established.
27 Do not turn to the right or the left;
Remove your foot from evil.
 
 
I have been wanting to get away from the pollution of man. Hidden in the shelter of the trees, void of distractions. I am easily distracted. When I am on the trails I have to stay focused. With roots and rocks scattered over the trail you have to be tuned into where you are planting your feet.
 Being alone I want to hear the noises circulating around me. It is sweet music. The birds, squirrels and chipmunks scurrying all around you makes you giggle. The creaking of trees, and the leaves floating to the ground is so peaceful. The sun dancing off the water and the dew resting on the branches adds a romance to the morning.
Every step, I am concentrating on how I will land my feet. On my tip toes, I imagine I am a deer trying to tap lightly over the path. With the switchbacks and the steep rocky declines I have to sharpen my footing. Looking just slightly off the path can lead me to injury. With the leaves covering the path I concentrate on my focal point. I wasn't just running, I was being intentional on my balance, my posture, my pace and every element to insure a successful run. But at the same time I was comfortable, I was at peace in the elements. It felt natural.

 
What happens when you get distracted...I took a phone call and ended up LOST! Not paying attention to my turn off, I did a loop I had never done. As pretty as it was, I began to get nervous. It was only a mile but it cost me my peace. I stumbled over my mistake. I knew better. One distraction lead to another as I tripped over hidden roots in frustration. My 8 mile run turned into 9.
I LOVE Honey Stingers, but I had never tried the chocolate. I found it at the Detroit Freep Expo. It was everything a girl could have hoped for!
 
FOR THIS REASON I RUN.
Life is so full of distractions. I don't chat on the phone, I am not a busy body. I LOVE people, but if I am not careful I will get distracted. Too much social media, too many errands, too many events, too much confusion. I loose my focus. I let little things trip me up, I slip and fall on things that have no place in my life. I get tangled in expectations, emotions, or drama.
Its living life intentionally. Like running trails in the October.
You cant afford to get distracted.
Stay focused, keep your eyes on the path in front of you. Not your neighbors path, not your friends path, YOUR path.
 
At home I enjoy cooking and cleaning. I put my music in and begin to bake.
 
PUMPKIN BREAD
 
3 eggs
2 1/2 c.sugar
1c.oil
3tsp. vanilla
2c.cooked pumpkin
3c.flour
1tsp.soda
1/2tsp.baking powder
1tsp.salt
3tsp cinnamon
MIx together then divide into 3 greased and floured bread pans. Bake at 350' for 1 hour.
** I add raisins and sometimes nuts.
 
 
ANITA~
 

No comments:

Post a Comment