"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Monday, October 5, 2015

Forest will sing for Joy

Psalm 96:12 

"Let the field exult, and all that is in it, Then all the trees of the forest will sing for joy."
 

 
I am a BIG kid. I can't even help it. I love playing outside. I smile when I watch kids playing waiting for them to invite me.
I love feeling my body move, my legs jump, my heart skip beats, it is indescribable.
 
I headed to Holdridge to run the trails this morning. As I pulled in I saw 2 familiar cars, Matt and Ken. However, I never actually saw them.
 
As I got out of the truck, I removed all my extras. My extra jacket, My extra belt, and my mace. Something about knowing I knew other runners on the trail, made me more comfortable. Even though I knew I would most likely never see them.
 
With just my water bottle in my hand I entered the trail. Everything from the beginning felt perfect.
I could feel myself meshing with my surroundings. My legs were just hopping over the rocks and roots. It was more like I was dancing through the woods. My body was light. My steps were airy. I found myself singing out loud in pure joy. "How could I be so intimated by these woods?" They welcomed me with open arms. It was as if they were singing "Nita, where have you been, come play with us!"
It was stunning. The trail was dusted with leaves, and was damp from the evening dew. The air was moist with the smell of nature. I was in love. Pure LOVE.
I didn't walk the hills, I practically skipped up them, I bounced around the roots, I danced down the trails prancing across rocks and switchbacks.
I was so happy at the response my body was giving todays trail run. JOY. I was overcome and in love.
Like a child, I was anxious to see where the path before me would lead. I was curious how I would react to what the woods gave me.
It was an adventure, I had to laugh, not once did I trip except when I finished up and was walking!
9 miles total!
 

I got a little confused, could possibly be defined as lost..But I found my way just fine!
 
 
Anita*

No comments:

Post a Comment