"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Monday, March 30, 2015

And the Winner IS....

AND the WINNER is...Drum Roll Please....Dawn M!! You have won the Easter basket full of Running goodies! Dawn guessed 1:40, this was only 42 seconds off!



 Psalms 6:2 "Have mercy on me, O LORD, for I am weak; O LORD, heal me, for my bones are troubled."
I am giving serious consideration to changing the name of this Blog to "The Airhead Runner"!
This morning I met Jama and May Ann for a shake out run. We ran all the back roads around Genesys. I somehow got us turned around on the back  road, good thing Mary Ann knew exactly how to get us on the right track!
The temperature was warmer out than we had all anticipated. Somewhere running, Maryann and I dumped our jackets with the thought to pick them up after our run.
The run went great. On our stretch home we "Ran" into Kris T. and Rachel D. After introducing Mary Ann to both of them, smiling she says, "I love the runner community, everyone is so nice!"

My smile lasted about another mile, The great weather, beautiful skies, exciting encounter with other runners and even my inspiring running companions were not holding my smiles much more.
After running my Half Marathon Sunday my body was getting wicked mad at me. My little "Shake out was already at 10 miles and I had another 4 back to my car.

We were running really gravy. I knew I would be fine if the girls were kind to me. And they were.
Our average pace was over 10 minute miles. This included walk breaks and walking hills.
Where I found our hidden clothes, after 30 minutes!

Thankful God had Mercy on me. I really wanted to run but I knew that I had to take it EASY. I should have been a whole lot more sore. God is so good to me.
My calves were tight but my knees never gave me any problems.
I stretched back at the gym and reluctantly put my legs into the cold plunge for 17 minutes.
I have been drinking extra water, taking extra Juice Plus, protein shakes and whole foods for recover.
Remember if you want to recover, you are what you EAT! Be intentional. And give God the Glory!

Anita

No comments:

Post a Comment