"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Monday, March 16, 2015

2 Runs in 2day!


I was talking to Michelle E. as I was walking out of the gym this morning. Michelle was surprised I was at the gym, commenting "I can't believe you didn't run outside..."

I wanted to run outside, it was warm enough to run outside but I already had it in my mind what I was going to do.
  • Get to gym by 8am
  • Stretch and roll
  • Easy run on the track
  • Stretch, roll, upper body and core
  • Cold Plunge, Cold Plunge, Cold PLUNGE!!
  • Shower and get ready for the day.
  • Get out by 10:30.
I entertained the idea of running outside as I walked into Genesys but I didn't have my Garmin to map out my miles. I decided I would only run 4 miles and talk Alec into running 2 miles with me when he came home from school.

I had a full schedule of running around today. I was supposed to go to Somerset with Megan but it was not working out. I saved 100$ by not going to Athleta today! We were going to go bathing suit shopping. Andy says I am too old to wear a Bikini. It is kinda a bummer because I work really hard at taking care of my body, it is NOT perfect by any means but I am more comfortable with my body in my 40's then I was in my 20's. I like a 2 piece for me, not for others.

My niece Sarah stopped over this afternoon. It was so nice to talk to her. To see her smile, to listen to her dreams, to just feel her love for me. I love being an Aunt. My other niece Becca sent me the sweetest text message this afternoon too. I have always taken being an Aunt very serious. I don't have girls of my own. I even received a text from one of our high school kids struggling. I told her I was going to take her out this week. "Anita, I love you..."
That makes you all warm and fuzzy.

It didn't take too much to convince Alec to go for a run with me. He is the new owner of a Garmin 10 and has been itching to play with it.  I only ran 4 at the gym but wanted to get in 6 total today. I could chase behind that boy all day long. He ran the whole distance this time without getting a side stitch.
Someone tuckered out!

This is part of taking care of yourself that is a major payoff.  Being healthy and active enough to play with your kids. I had a college client this week that was telling me about a race that her and her dad ran together last year. They trained together , they ran together and it was AWESOME. You could tell it meant so much to her.

It is making memories. After we finished, I sat on the back deck. Alec, all red faced sat down with a glass of his homemade sweet tea. He pulled out his history on the Garmin and compared  info. He just sat there. "Alec, I am so proud of you, you ran the whole way."  "Yup, I did!" he responded with a ice cube in his mouth.
Gratitude.

It was a good day. I saved money, got 2 runs in, 2 showers in too and got to enjoy being not just a mom but an Auntie too!

Anita

No comments:

Post a Comment