"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Monday, January 9, 2023

The Race of LIFE, 2022 Race Recap.

 "Run Your Own Race" 1 Cor. 9:24
As 2022 came to an end I found myself lingering there. I wanted to slow my pace to embrace all the wonderful moments and even settle down with serenity in the moments that were not so wonderful. 
"Perseverance is not a long race; it is many short races one after another." Walter Elliot

You see life is really very much like a race. You can train and train for it and yet there will be great pain and great purpose in it all. 
I was taught many years ago you run the first part with your HEAD.
The middle part with your LEGS.
Finish the race with your HEART. 
Last year, as I looked back at my goals, my miles and my races I could see how that strategy worked in my races and in my daily living. 

Life really isn't much different. We all have head knowledge, and we are all growing and learning; that can glide us through life but when life gets tough, we need more than head knowledge.  We can't just coast through life because life doesn't really allow us to. The course of life is full of obstacles and challenges many of us are not prepared for. We have to find that GRIT, that place deep inside us that perseveres, that fights, we have to find our faith, our hope, that is what brings us to the line of victory. 

Reminiscing and recollecting my 2022 has shared many moments I had let slip. My brain has a tendency to "Slip" all on its own. 
I had many encouragements and a significant number of moments that dampened my spirit. 
Each year is altogether different. The encouragements of one year can become the disappointments of another. But truly to live this life I count it ALL JOY. 

"Run the race of life at your own pace." Mr. Digs
2022 Races: 
The way I see it, my measure is NOT in my successes, but in my faithfulness to the LORD. 
2022, I challenged myself with a goal of ONE RACE A MONTH. Truth is as I looked through my calendar, I realized I FAILED! I actually didn't run a race in May, July, or September that I can see. 


January: Yankee Springs
February: Snow Moon Run 25K, Burton Hot fudge 5K
March: Ashville Marathon, Pot-O-Gold 
April: Carpe Diem1/2 marathon. Carpe Noctem 1/2 marathon, Boston Marathon, Pinckney Trail 50K. 
June: Twighlight Zone 102miles
August: Crim 10miler, Redmoon Run 25K
October: Clarkston Back Roads 1/2 marathon, 
November: Turkey Trail Trot, Black toenail trail 1/2 marathon 
December: Out with the Old 5K. 

"Don't compare your situation to somebody else's. You're not running their race. You are running YOUR OWN RACE." 
I am not posting my times, my placement or any accolades associated with each of these races. I am humbled by the opportunity to be able to run and to race. The Lord has given me this gift to glorify Him. Every mile is a GIFT he gives ME. 
I have overcome many challenges in my 49 years of living, and I am humbled every day that the Lord has been so good to me. 

NOW...Just like in a race, YOU don't always win your race, you don't always win your battles, but it isn't in the win, it was in knowing you gave your all. 
And some races...
For me it's in the fight to do my best. To give my all. To try my hardest. 
And some races... I work hard for, some races I go out to have fun, and some races I run with others to encourage and help them. 

One thing about most of us runners, we to race to remind us we are overcomers. We race to push ourselves, to see the end of ourselves. Most of us have been broken and run to remind ourselves we are stronger because of it. That we are not defined by our hang-ups, hardships or hiccups We are reminded of all we have faced, all our battles, all our wounds and all our fears and that is where the courage is birthed to get back up and go again. 
"The race of life is a marathon, not a sprint." Tony Robbins
In Peace, Not Pieces,
Anita~



No comments:

Post a Comment