"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Thursday, July 22, 2021

Watch and Be


"Example is not the main thing in influencing others, it is the only thing."
 Albert Schweitzer 

Wednesday, I went out for a solo run before work. It was a  5mile loop around my house. I had no ambition. For the last week, I have been dragging myself out the door. Most of my runs have been solo and have proved to be exactly what I needed mentally.  

As I ran down East Holly road, I tried to convince myself into running. One minute into another minute I felt my body slowly meshing with the idea of running. 
I tried to feel the elements of encouragement, the warmth of the sun against my skin, fresh air in my lungs, the smell of fresh cut grass, the sounds of the birds chirping...
The little things. 
I then let my thoughts wander to those who inspire me, encourage me... 

I thought of how many people I have learned from. I thought of how many mistakes I have learned to not make from others. 
I thought of all the painful mistakes I have learned from myself. 

I like to watch others. I learn so much watching others. 

Watch and Be;
Be inspired.
Be encouraged.
Be stronger.
Be secure.
Be confident.
Beware.
Believe.

You fill in the blank, Watch and Be_________.


LOOPTY LOOPS
This Saturday. 
My taper program has me running 19 miles this week, Tuesday-Friday running. 
Monday: 12
Wednesday: 5.5
Thursday: 3.1
Weekly miles:  20.6  
This week has been a struggle to lace up the shoes. One of the things I have learned is that when I am feeling the burn out it is best to give in a little then to risk loosing a lot. Tapering allows that and invites you to bring down the miles.

Loopty loops is a 3 mile loop at Bloomer Park in Rochester. I signed up for the 12 hour. The idea is to get as many loops in that time frame as you can. You can run, rest, or lolligag as much as you like! 
We have 70% storms on Saturday. That should make the course a bit interesting. Rain Runs! 

Some Basic thoughts on running 12 hours:
  • If you think your going fast, YOU ARE. 
  • Slow and steady, do not burn yourself out the first 6 hours. 
  • Start out conservative. 
  • Set you goal: Goal A, Goal B and  Goal C...
  • Remember that every loop can be all together different than the next, don't quit. 
  • Be conscious of the clock, your pace and your goals. 
  • Eat and drink often. 
  • Be mindful of the time you rest. The longer you rest the harder it is to get going again. 
  • Change socks and shoes. 
  • Encourage others when your struggling and it will encourage yourself. 
  • Bring a smile, share a smile, don't forget to have fun! 
Idea: If I try to get 50 miles in 12 hours that would be about 17 loops. 
OR 14: 24 min miles.
Or I could run by loops, running the loops between 11-12min/miles and rest in between 

So many different variable and ways to do it. But for me, it is another training run. I am going out with Lacey, Andy is coming out in the morning to set up our tent and hang out with us. 
I look forward to having fun in the rain. The element of surprise is something I just LOVE!


Chris and I introduced Nicole to the trails Monday. She fell in love with them. She is running Loopty Loops too. Good Luck To Nicole! It is her first time at running a Ultra. I am very excited for her. She is going for 50 miles! She is one tough cookie! 

ANITA~

I would rather die of passion than of boredom. -- Vincent van Gogh

No comments:

Post a Comment