"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Wednesday, August 19, 2020

Inspired.

"How long should you try? Until. " Jim Rohn
Almost 4 weeks post meniscus surgery I have been beyond patient but fear has kept me from lacing up my running shoes. Well fear and this plantar fasciitis. 
But on Sunday I found myself running awkwardly behind a half naked Andrew, and not my Andrew! 
Andy was running a race that I was crewing and volunteering at when "Andrew" shirtless approaches me and asks if I want to run a couple miles. It was hot out so I didn't think to much about it but I was in a pair of hiking shorts and a tank top. 
"I don't know if I can...." I gave a few excuses more. 
But shirtless Andrew wasn't listening, In his Welch accent he said "Oh, c'mon, we will go slow, take walk breaks if you need to...." 
Next thing I know I am chasing shirtless Andrew through the woods at Holly Rec! 
And 2 miles was actually over 5! 
With a mile left, we calculated that we would literally run into both of our spouses running the race any moment. 
OH and did WE! 
Andy looked at me like a deer in head lights, "ANITA! Are you RUNNING?!" 
Then right behind him Sarah, "Your Running?" 
I was laughing so hard as I chased shirtless Andrew out of the trail. 
Because I WAS! I was literally running and felt good. 
I was secretly laughing at the sight of me running with a half naked man through the trails but I was soo happy Andrew had asked me to run. I didn't want to be a wuss and turn back and with each mile I was getting more confident as my trail legs came back. 

The race was incredible, WTG Sarah M for another victory out there at Ode to Laz. This girl is amazing, tough as nails, stubborn as hell and as genuine as they come. 
Andy hit 40 miles, EPIC, the farthest he has ever done! I loved crewing him and making him go another round. He was a Rockstar. 

All these runners, the athleticism, the perseverance, the pain and grit just fueled my fire. 
I ordered a splint for my Plantar fasciitis and I have been sleeping in it the last few days. 
This morning my feet felt a little better. I decided I was going to go for it. 
I stretched, rolled then jumped on the bike to warm up, 6 miles on the back roads.
With sweat dripping after less then 30 minutes I quickly changed and headed out to run another 5. 
Nothing hurt but my heart was beating like it hadn't in months, I LOVED IT. 
I wanted to run and run and never stop. With each mile I found myself pushing it just a little bit, I hit the hills determined to run them and I DID. 
I got a text from Aunt Lois in Chicago telling me she was thinking of me, it was Wednesday and I always saw maw maw on Wednesday. Tears flowed down my cheeks, my chest tightened and I couldn't breath, my heart ached for her. She passed away on the 7th, she was 96 years old. 
I  dug deeper as I approached another hill, I swallowed hard and smiled thinking of maw maw "Lord Nita, did you already run today? I don't know how you do it...." Maw maw would always say this to me. I wiped my tears and smiled. Then I ran harder. 

I felt incredible. 5 miles. I thought of Sarah running over 116 miles and Andy running 40 miles, I thought of their pain and their perseverance, I was so inspired. I thought of how "shirtless Andrew got me to run 5 miles, the only thing stopping me was me at that point. 

It may be a slow go but I am not giving up. My body has been through Hell and back, my mind has visited some very dark places and my heart has been broken, but I am not giving up. 
I am coming out of the Juniper Tree. Like Elijah, it is time to get back out there. I have been on my pity pot long enough. 1Kings 19:5
Life is hard, God never promised sunshine and rainbows. I cant give up, I may just have to do it differently but I am not quitting. 


"Our Greatest weakness lies in giving up,. The most certain way to succeed is alwasy to try one more time." Thomas Edison
Anita~

No comments:

Post a Comment