"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Monday, February 3, 2020

Less is More

Todays wise words brought to you by Lacey. 

I do not rest well. The kind of brainless, nothing box rest is not something I am good at. 

LESS IS MORE. 

Less mopping? Less shopping? Less cooking? Less working? 
Honestly, I don't do that much of any of them these days. Life is on an easy maintenance plan. 

What I do a lot less of is RUNNING. 
The emotional damage is beginning to repair itself. I am accepting the blow and recovering with what is behind door number 2....
The consolation prize to trying to run a fast spring marathon is just getting to run in any format. 

I am trying to learn how to survive disappointment. Such a hard pill to swallow. 

Resting in the present. Accepting today. 
I keep fighting to "present" because I don't like it. Its like wearing shorts in a snowy blizzard rather than cuddle up into the fireplace with hot tea and a book. I am making the my reality more miserable than it has to be. 
I keep fighting the process of RESTING. 

I didn't rest well today but I did consciously cut things out of my agenda. 

Physical Therapy went well. Clint gave me the shock wave treatment on my IT band. Yowza! I felt it all the way through my toes. I told him I ran 4 miles on Friday, describing each mile. He was happy to see I was able to run. I expressed my concern with feeling sore after but he didn't seem too bothered, saying it was a good sign that I was even able to run. 
I explained I threw my back out on Saturday. We laughed as I added, "Andy thought I did it on purpose to get out of going to church!" It always feels so good to laugh and joke around. 

This is my last week of radiation! ONLY 4 MORE! 
My clavicle is a bit toasty and starting to blister. My breast is getting a nice red color, too bad I have NO FEELING to be able to describe how it feels. There is  a positive! 

Less is more. I am going to practice this a bit more this week, and maybe next. 
  • Focus on doing less but doing it well. 
  • Creating value in the little things 
  • Prioritizing and learning to let go of the expectations I put on myself
I think I will start there. Resting in the Present.
"Be Still And Know I am God." 

Having more Quiet time to hear HIM. I wouldn't fight the process so much of I took more quiet time with God to feel him comfort me and speak to me.
 
I continue to be drawn to clarity and simplicity. 'Less is more' remains my mantra.STEPHANE ROLLAND

Anita~

2 comments:

  1. An old prayer I’m sure you’ve heard: “God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.🙏

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was one of the first prayers I learned, my mom taught it to me. She learned in in rehab. A lot of wisdom in those few lines.

      Delete