"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Monday, February 10, 2020

Snow Moon Run 25K.


“We are all broken, that’s how the light gets in.” Ernest Hemingway

Snow Moon Run 25K was just another race that I was not going to get to run due to my IT band injury.  In 15 years of racing, I have only NOT been able to run 5 races. And 3 of them have been in the last year. 
A lot  of CRU (a running club I joined) were car pooling out there. Andy suggested I drop down to the 5K.
I decided I would "WOG" it. (WALK/RUN)
I also decided to have the most amount of fun, cheering on all those that were doing what I wished I could do. Being a poor sport and tripping a few hundred runners would probably not get me a ride home from Midland. So being on my best behavior was ideal. 
I also decided I would go out in my ski pants and Sperry ducky boots. This would prevent me from getting to frisky, thinking I was a Rockstar and run. 

SNOWMOON 10K! 
An evening run in the dark. 
The trail was a icy, rutted cluster of ankle breaking divots. The trail conditions confirmed that I needed to do a slow roll. 
I was the LAST to cross the starting mat. 
Within the first half a mile I made a friend. LIZ. 
SHE had the BRIGHTEST light around her waist that I have ever seen. Almost every runner commented "WOW, that's a bright light.." 
I sang "Blinded by the light" as she joked back with the runners. 
We hit it OFF. 
I told her I couldn't run due to an injury but I liked her pace. 
I was having so much fun with Liz that I kept going after the 1st 5K loop, heading back out in my boots for another 5K with her. 
I walked most of the time only to really "wog" to catch back up to her!
I pulled ahead of her as we came into the second loop. I knew I needed to be done so I decided to have fun at the finish line. 
"ANITA HARLESS......coming in with some dance moves....." 
I came down through the pavilion whooping it up with my best dance moves, twirling, shaking and prancing to the finish with a big OLE SMILE. 

After a few minutes I headed to the fence to watch for the rest of the gang come in. Andy was racing it and I didn't want to miss him. 
A gal came up to me "Hey, I just wanted to say I loved your finish." 
I told her this race was my first DNF, (DID NOT FINISH). I continued to explain my injury adding that not being able to run wasn't a good excuse to not have fun. 
She responded saying she wished she had done that, that when she saw how happy I was she had wished she had been happier with her race but had allowed the negative to trump her experience.

"The Party is in the BACK!" 
I wasn't up front with the racers. I was in the back where most runners are not.  I was in the back being lapped by many. I could hear their heavy breathing coming from behind as they passed. I cheered almost every runner on, and some twice. 
My gang could hear me as they blazed past me cheering me on too. 

BEING CALLED TO FAITH IN THE DARK. 
Sometimes Life puts you in the dark.
Sometimes life puts you in the back. 
Grief is darkness. It is often hard to find the light when you are broken. 
I was in the back as everyone took off, all I saw were their backs as they pulled ahead. I had to make a choice. 
I could pout about how I was alone in the dark or I could enjoy the light of others and embrace what I could do making the best of it. 
LIZ was my LIGHT. Not only did she seriously have the BRIGHTEST light but her spirit shined with kindness. 
Life is not always about me. 
"You also must wait patiently, strengthening your resolve...." James 5:8
MAKROTHUMBO, is Greek for "To be a long spirit, not to lost heart, to preserve patiently. 
I am reminded to be patient in my brokenness. This time of waiting is not empty time, it is a time that I am trying to  learn and grow. 
I am so grateful that I embraced the place that I was in so I could enjoy this experience. 


IN OTHER NEWS:
I had PT today and went directly to the gym after.
Drumroll please...
I RAN 4 MILES. I was dripping sweat everywhere, it was nasty. 
Friday was my LAST RADIATION! 
This is my radiation mold, I kept the tag, tis tells the ladies how to position me. 
SPECIAL thanks to Paula for the BEAUTIFUL blanket and make-up bag. Paula works for "Better Way". 
"Better Way Designs seeks to bring dignity and hope to those who have become victims to the sex trafficking industry through the purchasing and reselling of products made by those who have been freed through the vessel of Freedom Parties."
I would love for someone to have a party, I would come and support! 
This blanket is from India. It is so SOFT! It is hand made. 
 “It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light.” Aristotle

Anita



No comments:

Post a Comment