"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Thursday, January 12, 2017

Seven Lakes Shenanigans

I have never slept with an alarm clock, mostly because from the time I was a teenager I just didn't sleep well. I usually get up and get going on my own, however this morning was different.
My cell phone started going off at 6:15. School was cancelled. No biggie, but that phone call got the momentum going.
I am on a group text with my Thursday running crew, there are 4 of us total. With the ice fest outside, schools now closing, we had concerns for driving conditions.
I just wanted to stay under the covers a little longer.
For a brief second, I thought the whole run was going to get cancelled. I quickly chimed in replying that I REALLY needed to get these miles in, I work Friday and Saturday and those are no run days for me.
We adjusted the time and the meeting place and we were now all pumped to go run in the rain and sleet!

None of us really made a plan on how many miles we were going to do. Thursdays we usually do double digits. We all took off in the sleet towards the trail at Seven Lakes.
Kris and Rachel know this trail better than Ken and I. I am not the leader anyone should have. I can barely remember where I park my truck, let alone what turn to make, or what mile marker to head to.

I was able to dress in a couple less layers this morning, this made my body feel more agile. One layer I didn't even think to bring was a windbreaker or rain jacket.
Luckily it wasn't raining, just sleeting ice pellets in our face. So welcoming.

It took me  a few minutes to figure out what my position was against the icy trail. I had to run, slip, then back up to run more and discover that the whole run was going to be an adventure.
Within the first mile the fun really commissioned us.
Due to all the rain, the lakes had really risen, this then opened up the streams. We came to a very large part of the trail head that was all under water.
I got super excited. Like a wild animal being let go into their natural habitat.
I started giggling as I trailed behind the four of them.
Ken led and directed us girls. There was a lot of squealing, I was not squealing, I was ready to dive in. I was completely amused by the scene in front of me.
"KENNN, what way do we go..OH OH NOO"
Ken 15 feet ahead, "Go LEFT, JUST GO through it."
"Do we climb over or cut over, Oh no, OUCH, It's all ICE!"
I couldn't stop laughing, the water was moving under the ice, all the stumps were a sheet of ice and tocut through off the path you had to go into sharp thickets.
I  was having so much fun.

By the time we made it over this icy wet obstacle we were ready to conquer anything!

Throughout the next 10 miles, we had a few more water crossings, sleet and rain but no falls! We still had to stop and look at the trail markers and at one point I could have swore we went in one big circle. Even Ken looked confused but we just laughed it off and kept going.
Ken was leading us and keeping us girls moving enough that it got a little quiet.
We also all got warm.

The thing I love about running at 7 Lakes is the trail is so different from one mile to the next. It gives you something to look forward to. The change in scenery is magnificent. I could run and explore for hours out there.

In just the short time we were out there I discovered a little Teepee I had never seen. We ran across the beach, through the campsites and even discovered another barn on a dirt road I had never seen. I didn't want to get shot, so no barn picture!

Great RUN, So fun. When it gets warmer I am going to be out there more!


CHOCOLATE!
If you know me,you know that the way to my heart is this little delicacy. I couldn't shut my chocolate drawer today so I took inventory:
  • 1box of Godiva Dark Chocolate assortmanets
  • 1 empty box of Dark chocolate Truffles...I don't remember eating the last one of those.
  • 1 bag of Dove Mocha Latte&Dark chocolate swirl..SOOO GOOD!
  • 1 bag of Ghirardelli Cherry Tango
  • 1 bag of Ghirardelli Dark&Caramel
  • 1 bag Whole blueberries in smooth dark chocolate
  • 1Dove dark chocolate bar
  • 3 bars of Lindt 90% dark Chocloate
  • 1 bar of peppermint bark
  • I bar Of Lindt Pomegranate
  • 1 bar of Ghirardelli Cherry tango
  • 1 bar of Ghirardelli cocoa nibs
  • 1 bar of Ghirardelli Sea Salt soiree...amazing.
  • 1 bar of Ghirardelli Hazelnut Heaven.
  • 1 bag of Sweedish Fish
  • 1 bag of coffee candy
I love my Chocolate!

Anita!

No comments:

Post a Comment