"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Do you have the COURAGE??

"It is curious that Physical Courage should be so Common in the World and Moral Courage so Rare." Mark Twain
 
 
 
As of late it seems like more and more people have vocalized how they think I am a little crazy for running these miles.
One of the questions is WHY??
 
WHY would I run this distance? I have been thinking about this on many long runs. Over hours and hours of meditating during my long runs I have thought this through. I have asked myself this.
 
As simple as it is.. it is so much more than just a surface explanation.
 
It is a spiritual explanation.
 
The courage isn't in running 50 miles.
The courage isn't in training for 50 miles.
The courage isn't even the concept of dreaming big dreams.
 
The Courage lies in Believing that God has already given me the Victory to accomplish whatever HE calls me to do and GIVE him THE GLORY in it ALL.
It takes a lot of COURAGE to do the things that we do not always want to do.
And then it takes equally the same amount of Courage to do the things we KNOW we should be doing.
Physical courage is something we can train. We can dedicate our bodies and our time towards.
 
But what about MORAL COURAGE.
It hurts me to see this world so broken. We justify our bad descisions. We manipulate honesty, truth and integrity. We look around and compare ourselves to bad :weighing ourselves better than bad.
WHERE is the COURAGE to Stand UP and do RIGHT??
WHERE IS the COURAGE to be something MORE than AVERAGE??
 
This world is so GODLESS. We have become our own little GODS. We Believe in OURSELVES. We Believe in OUR ABILITIES and take Ownership over Our Worlds.
 
NOT ME.
There are days when running long distance is FEARLESS. Days that giving God the Glory out loud amoungst the world takes more courage than any 30 miles run.
People look at you like a Jesus Freak.
Well I am.
I have the COURAGE to Tell you:
I came FROM nothing.
I can ACHEIVE nothing.
I have Nothing.
I want Nothing.
WITHOUT HIM. Christ.
 
  • "Greater is He who is in You than he  who is in the WORLD." 1John 4:4
  • "I Can do ALL things Through Christ Who Strengthens ME." Phil 4:13
  • "Call unto me and I will show you great and mighty things which thou knowest NOT." Jere 33:3
  • "Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, surely I will help you, Surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand." Isaiah 41:10
I had gotten a email from a client of mine "Cortney". It said this:

 

I hope you thank God every single day that you have the ability to get out of bed and run. I have to be thankful for other things but right now I would love nothing more than to get outside and run, walk or even ride a bike. I'm too tired :)
Keep running girl! Run for Jesus!!
XO~
Cortney
 
Not everyone can run. There are gifts that each of us have. And there are gifts that some of do not have and wish we did. I know that my legs are nothing to take for granted. I believe that God has given me this body. It was a gift. I do my very best to honor that gift. I try not to abuse it, neglect it, poison it or take ownership of it. God gave it to me to manage, to glorify him. And with EVERY fiber in me I want people to know how thankful I am.
I am humbled by the love he has shown me, I truly do not deserve it.
WHY do I run this crazy distance?? To be a witness to YOU. So you can see what God can do if you have just a lil faith.
 
Where Does your COURAGE lie?
Do you have the COURAGE to Stand Out against the crowd?
 
 
RUNDOWN:
Distance:10.02
Pace:8:36
Great run with Jama. It was a little steamy out there. I offended. I didn't think girls could smell like dudes. There wasn't enough florally deodorant, body lotion and perfume that could cover up the funk today.
 
Anita
 

 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment