"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Monday, August 27, 2012

Beat up but not Knocked Down!

 . "We must begin to believe that God, in the mystery of prayer, has entrusted us with a force that can move the Heavenly world, and can bring its power down to earth." 
Andrew Murray

My entire body feels like it went through the "Tumble Dry" cycle. I am wiped. Tired and sore. Beaten,bruised and scraped.
But surprisingly through all my whines my knees are not cursing me. Maybe it was that last ice pack I put on them at 9pm. Or maybe it was hydrating good or the Motrin or maybe it was just answered PRAYERS.
 If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer.” Mathew 21:22
I was sending a lot of prayers out yesterday!

I did not feel like a million dollars this morning but I did get up at 6:30am wide eyed. I was thankful my ankle and knee were not sending out stress calls. But the rest of my body reminded me of the torture I put it through the last couple days.
My back was sore, my arms were heavy, and my calves and legs were tight and achy.
But I felt good enough to run with "Courtney" despite my throbbing conditions. "It would probably be good to loosen up the body and do a few miles" I told myself. I felt pretty beat up but I was not down for the count.

She met me at my street. "Courtney" was running 11. I was going to do 7miles with her. Somewhere I should have turned around  sooner but instead I ended up doing 9.5 miles with her.
We did not run hard. We ran at a conversational pace and even added in some walk breaks. Just because I run does not mean I can THINK. If you follow my blogs enough there are countless stories of me getting lost, adding to many miles or not enough miles because I have calculated wrong on the run.  I have even given wrong directions to strangers because the my heart rate blocked the brain activity or something.
It is like my brains are left on the pavement or they just fell out and I trampled over them on the run.
But today I did it again.
Poor "Courtney" she was the victim this time of my bird brain calculations! I turned her long run of 11 into over 12 miles!  
I felt horrible. It took me about 10 minutes to figure out what I had done. It was like as soon as my heart rate came down my brain turned on. I felt so bad all morning.

Funny thing how God answers your unspokens. I was getting my errands done with the boys directly after our run and cleaning up. I had grocery shopping, and school shopping to do. I thought we should maybe go into MC Sports. I had a good excuse at the time to go in there and it wasn't to buy milk! The boys would had flagged me on that one.
And LO and BEHOLD..guess who comes up behind me as I am shopping on the clearance rack..."Courtney"!
She was walking without a limp and looking really cute and chipper. HA..God was answering a prayer with a picture! She was good. Oh the relief.
“Prayer is where the action is." John Wesley

I believe in the power of prayer. I believe God cares for every detail of my life. Every hour, every moment ,anywhere and everywhere I am. 
DO YOU?

Anita


No comments:

Post a Comment