"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Finding the courage to Climb.

 Isaish40:29 "He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak"


This morning I was feeling weak. My legs were sore from Sunday and Mondays run. There were no excuses that were going to keep me from not doing what I had to do but it went with out saying..It was going to hurt really really bad.
The very things that make you stronger are often so painful.
They say "What doesn't kill you makes your stronger."
The pain is usually temporary but it is also the most memorable. We try to avoid it at all cost.
When running if you want to excel there is always PAIN involved.
Harder, Faster. Stronger.
Today was HILLs.
I decide very early I was going to run 5 miles of pure pain doing hills then run 2 miles at a easy pace later in the evening. 1 day-2 runs.
I am not a fan of running hills. They hurt. My buns and legs burn. My lungs feel like they are being compressed. And the sweat burns my eyes. Oh, I can think of a hundred more reasons why I am not a fan of Hills.
But they work. They make you stronger. They make you better. That is all good when you are on top of your game but when you are already weak it takes a lot to get you moving into the Hurt Locker.

This is the look of pain...Ohh the agony.
I finished my 5 miles of hills this morning. It was every bit as bad as I thought it was going to be. There was no denying what had to be done to condition my body for the races coming up.

This is what it looks like when you reach the TOP!

When running and life collide:
ACCEPTANCE: "I accept the things I cannot change and have the courage to change the things I can."
It takes a lot of courage to accept the pain the is woven in our lives.Sometimes we want to throw in the towel with out even making a step. We see the Pain and Run in the other direction!
We get so worn out by life and the circumstances involved. We get tired and weighed down putting things aside that need to be taken care of or just flat out ignoring the reality of our lives because we know it is going to cause pain.

There are mountains we all must climb in life. We get tired just thinking about the climb. But the hills of life are like the hills of running. They will challenge you. They will see what you are made of. They will make you stronger, more prepared for the other obstacles that may challenge us in the future..And there will be MORE!
Find the courage to do what has to be done for you to be the person you were meant to be.
 
Anita




No comments:

Post a Comment