"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Where I was 7 years ago..Gratitude.

The Strongest Man I know!

I was getting the boys ready like it seemed I was doing all the time. Alone. Here I was getting the boys ready to go to HIS sisters house to celebrate her birthday. This seemed unfair. He wasn't here for Christmas Eve, Christmas day, her birthday and he said he has to work New years Eve and New Years day. I may as well be a single parent I thought to myself.
I was going to have to answer the same questions. Where's Andy? Oh, He had to work again?
Constantly answering for him. I was thankful that he had a good job but all these hours were crazy and unfair to me. I wanted a husband and my kids needed a father. I did everything alone.

Somewhere in between going through the motions of the birthday party and returning home on that cold December day everything went horribly wrong. My life as I knew it was going to be ripped out from under me.
It was all in slow motion yet my mind could not catch up to understand what was being said. There was Andy on the basement floor on his knees with tears draining down his cheeks.
Andy pulled in the driveway when I did coming home and right behind him was his mom and dad. What was going on? why was everyone here at 10pm. Andy should still be at work and mom and dad should be at home......
Here I sat looking at this man I have been married to for over 7 years and I couldn't understand what he was saying or even recognize him.  His Dad was sitting next to me, Why? What?
Something about drugs, work, a Dr, Rehab.... WHAT? What was Andy saying? What was going on. He is a drug addict? WHAT?? NOO this can not be. How could he? Why would he? ...........7 years ago.

I have watched God work in Andrew for 7 years now. "Failure is not an option"  a motto Andrew reminds himself of in staying clean from drugs. It puts tears in my eyes to witness Gods grace and mercy in his life. To watch God mold Andrew into the man he had always intended him to be. Not just a husband or a father but a spiritual leader. 
2 Corinthians 5:17
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new

 "In sickness and in health, for better and for worse, From affliction and addiction to resurrection to restoration!! 
Hebrews 12:10-11
Our fathers disciplined us for a little while as they thought best; but God disciplines us for our good, that we may share in his holiness. No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it.
The road has not been easy. But Andy has discovered a healthy alternative for coping. RUNNING. He runs down the old man, He runs down the demons. He runs after Life, Love and Christ. Training not just his body but his mind. A man after my own heart! 
He has been clean, no breaks and no days off:7 years!!! He is the strongest man I know. I fall in love with him every day. 
The Rundown:
Snap Fitness: 20 minutes bike, 20 minutes elliptical, 26 minutes Dreadmill:Repeats. 3 miles..UGH!! 
Anita

No comments:

Post a Comment