"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Thursday, April 18, 2024

The Birdcage: Fly

 "A bird in a cage is safe, but God didn't create birds for that."
 Pualo Cohelo
HAPPY 50th to my Special Friend Danielle.


Everywhere I go there I am again. 
It is best not to out-run yourself, it never ends well. My morning runs often make me feel as though I have my life figured out, but the truth is, I DON'T! No where close!
It is a safe place for me. 
A place my fragmented mind comes back together. 
It is a place people can't take from me. A place I don't hear all the chatter, all the voices, noise that pollutes my heart and mind. 
A place of Release. 
Rest.
Recovery.
Redemption. 

My running is a spiritual place of refuge. I can run to the Lord unashamed of who I am. 
I have been shamed into believing my running is something I should be ashamed of. I once got fired from a job/ministry and the statement was made "Anita's doing her running..." 
My running has been used against me, misguided judgment of idolatry. 

BUT GOD. You become UNSTOPPABLE when you work on the things people CANNOT take away from you. Things like your FAITH. your MINDSET, your CHARACTER, your entire BEING! 


THUMBCOAST ULTRA 50: A BIRD
Last weekend, I chased Andy around Carmel Indianna cheering him on for 26.2 miles. This weekend I will be towing the line for my final race before Kettle Moraine 100. 
I am very strategic at trying to find races that will align with my "A" race. 
THUMBCOAST 50 fit good for my last "longish" run and run week. While I tapered, I will still need 75 miles for the week. 
My Goal, to STAY ALIVE! I am going to try to hold onto the same pace I did for Blackbeard's Revenge, 10:40min/mi. 
I will give it a go. 
I will go at it with this silly shin issue, all the pavement pounding and the anxious curiosity of what the day will bring! 
The Lord is responsible for the day. 
This Ragamuffin is not so arrogant to think I have so much control over how the race will unfold. The Lord is responsible for my gift to RUN, the blessing the successes, the victories, He get's the Glory in it all. 
I only get to run because the Lord has allowed me to. 
I could play it safe or I can go out in faith. 
"A bird in a cage is safe, but God didn't create birds for that."
 Pualo Cohelo

RUNDOWN: 
April 8-14th
Distance: 56 miles
Total time: 10Hours
Elevation: 2,500
This week:
Distance: 22 miles
Time: 3H 35 min
Elevation: 565
Tapering is so delightful. 
I met Danielle this morning at Indian Springs. Tapering messes with your head so bad. Trying to be disciplined and NOT RUN too much, too fast, too hard is discipline! Finding SECURITY in your training, your goals, yourSELF is everything.
You do things with Faith you will be ready to FLY!

Congrats to all those who ran Carmel Marathon!
  • Jazz CRUSHED IT with a 2:57 marathon!
  • Donny had a PR 3:37 marathon!
  • Sarah was a savage running covered in prayers for a PR of 3:20. 
  • Joel, only running a few years killed the marathon with a 3:14
  • Andy Finished strong with a 4:11
  • Sara F who also was injured finished with strong determination with a 5:39 marathon. 

I was so inspired with them all. But especially with Andy and Sara. They both had alterative plans of finished due to injured. But they showed up, prayed up, with determination fixing their eyes on the finish line and NEVER gave UP!!!
I made a new friend,
 together we drove all over the city tracking the guys down. 


If you can remember me in prayer this Saturday. Asking for prayer to run humbly, glorifying the Lord,
to be used by the Lord in the gift He has given me. 
If you would like to send me cheers while I am running, I love THIS, you can download the RACEJOY App. Look for THUMBCOAST Ultra Caseville then put my name in to track. I get all the messages and it is so fun! it will give you a real time tracking of me. 

In Peace, Not Pieces,
Anita

1 comment:

  1. One of my friends Robin is doing the 50k. Looks like a great race! Have fun!! <3

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete