"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Monday, November 6, 2023

Power.

 "What, then, is to be done? To make the best of what is in our power and take the rest as it naturally happens." Epictetus 



A friend of mine came over this afternoon to run. She barreled through the door with eyes wide opened. I was confused by her look when she said "LOOK!" as she pointed outside. 
The sky darkened, the wind whipped, and the skies opened up. 
My mind was racing how we were going to run when she said "You don't need to run..." 
I replied, "Yes, I do, I have goals..." 

I have no power when it comes to the weather, but quitting was just not an option. We gave it a few minutes as she laced up her shoes and we headed out. The rain had settled down to a soft drip and within the mile it had stopped with the sun beaming overhead of us. 

SHOW UP: The Power of Resilience 
Most of life is about just showing up. No excuses. No procrastination. Just get it done. As soon as I make room for an escape plan you can bet, I plan on the escape. I may not be able to control the elements, but I can think with pause and find my POWER in resilience. 

My Power lies in my OUTLOOK. 
No stinking thinking. There are days we feel like there is literally a black cloud over our head and finding that small ray of sunshine seems hopeless. 
In those cases when you have exhausted all possibility of butterlies and rainbows just do it in a slumber. Do it as an overcomer. 
You are the sunshine. You bring accountability. You bring consistency. You don't always have to show up all giddy, I have shown up a mess and even finished a mess, but I showed up.  

My Power lies in my Faith. 
The closer I come to 50, the more I feel my physical power fade. The aches and pains of life are taking their toll. 
I have been running for over 20 years now by the grace of God. This is the gift he has given me for His glory. 
He has protected me in danger. Boston Bombing. 
He has redeemed me. Multiple injuries and breast cancer. 
He has pulled me out of the pit. Deep depression and darkness. 
It is His power in me when I want to quit, when I want to cry, when I feel discouraged, dark or defeated to get back out there in HIS POWER not mine. 

MY POWER Scriptures:
  • "The voice of the LORD is powerful, The voice of the LORD is majestic." Psalm 29:4
  • "My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness." Most gladly, therefore, I will rather boast about my weakness, so that the power of Christ may dwell in me." 2 Cor. 12:9
  • "He gives strength to the weary, And to him who lacks might He increases power" Isaiah 40:29
  • "For this purpose, also I labor, striving according to His power, which mightily works within me." Col. 1:29
RUNDOWN:
YEARLY RUNNING GOAL: 3000 miles
Total miles 2,600 miles completed.
October miles: 287
The last couple months I have pulled myself away. I have had to settle down. Calm down. Quiet down. The calmer you are the clearer you can think. I find myself moving more with intention and less with emotion. 
I am a tangled mess. I have to unspool the tangles. Running helps me do this. I am such a free spirit but life is broken, and the simplicity of solitude heals. 
I need His voice to cover the ones that say I am not enough. His voice to tell me I am not defined by my failures. I need His voice to tell me I am strong, I am capable. I am enough in HIM. 
My power fades. 
My power is broken. 
My power is messy. 
My power is a failure. 

It is His power that is immeasurable, unmistakable, unchangeable, and unfathomable. 

In Peace, not Pieces,
Anita~ 

No comments:

Post a Comment