"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Thursday, July 13, 2023

The Leap

 "By my God I can leap over a wall." Psalm 18:29


We all have these walls we are trying to overcome in life. If you are on this side of the living, we will be presented with walls that want to block us from an abundant life. 
Some of those walls I have created and even confused with terms like "boundaries". We can be our own worst enemy. 
  • "Faith is to believe what you do not see; the reward of this faith is to see what you believe." - Saint Augustine
The truth is I have had many barriers created by me or created by life. Some I have conquered on my own efforts. 
Oh, but there have been some walls I could not leap over. And yet I made it over...
"BY my God I can LEAP over a WALL."
Today, we met out at Fox Lake RD to run the 6-mile loop at least 3 times. 
I knew it is going to be hard. 
I knew it is going to hurt. 
I knew I was even nervous I wouldn't be able to keep up. 
 
  • "If we cannot believe God when circumstances seem be against us, we do not believe Him at all." - Charles Spurgeon
Most of the barriers we have to jump over, we create. 
Discouragement, fear, anxiety, control, forgiveness, contentment...
This morning, every mile another hill loomed in front of me. Some of the hills were so high I could not even see the top of them. 
I prayed. Just a quiet prayer, a simple prayer, nothing religious or extravagant. 
Quite simple really, "Lord, get me up this HILL...." 
I see myself heading over, I feel myself one step closer to the top. 

I am not sure if I "leaped" over the hills today. But I made it not just over each hill but also each mile, 21 miles and over 2,500 ft of elevation. 

There was 4 of us running. It was a great dynamic. We laughed, we encouraged one another, we helped one another, and suffered together, although Erika looked fresh as a daisy! 

Scientists and professionals can look all day at what our heart can do and what our lungs are capable of. Sports doctors have told me I couldn't and shouldn't run years ago after my FIRST knee surgery. What if I let that wall stop me? 
The wall of surgeries. 
The wall of injuries.
The wall of cancer. 
SOO many walls I have LEPT over....BY MY GOD. 
Trusting on HIS strength, HIS power, I have leaped over walls that many have said are not possible. 
The Power of faith is Immeasurable. 
The Power of faith is incomprehensible. 


  • "To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible." - Thomas Aquinas





In Peace, not Pieces,
Anita


2 comments:

  1. Anita! This is such an inspiration and SO are you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lindsay, Jeremiah 33:3 Keep Leaping!

    ReplyDelete