"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Monday, February 8, 2021

Putting it together: Integrity

 “Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.” C.S. Lewis



Today, I had to make that call, the one I could barely talk through. I had to call the vet to make an appointment for Sheba to go ...I can't even say it. I can't stop crying. I can't even look at her without feeling like I am betraying her. Those big brown eyes, the eyes that love me more than herself.  This SUCKS SO BAD. I decided to do it before I go to Florida. She can barely walk and no one would be able to care  for her while I was gone. The decision was AWEFUL but I know its for the best. 

SUBJECT CHANGE.  (wiping my eyes to see the keyboard) 

Putting it together;
A1A Marathon: T-6 days. 
Where: Ft. Lauderdale
Forecast: 77' 30% chance of rain
Goal: sub 4 hour marathon

The word of the day INTEGRITY. 
I am on my second bible study with my girlfriends. We are doing a Daniel study. 
I just loved the notes on this word. As we finished up tonight's bible study I headed to my truck in front of my friend Erin. Erin wishes me well on my marathon and adds, "Do it with Integrity..." 
 
I just wanted to share some of my favorite notes and quotes:
"...godliness is never accidental. Neither is victory coincidental." Beth Moore

I am praying for victory, it will not come without Gods blessing, without prayer, without hard work It will not just "Show up" even if I do. 
"The lifeblood of integrity is becoming the same person no matter where we are-no matter who's around." Beth Moore
That means "Anita" is the same in Michigan as she is in Florida. The same at home, at work, with my brother as she is with her friends, she is the same person no matter what, even running a marathon. 
I don't want people to see perfection, I want people to see the effort more than the outcome. If I don't make my goal I don't want people to see anything but the effort and heart that I gave. That is the true victory. Integrity isn't perfection it to me is purposeful intention with honesty. 
Beth Moore says it best "Integrity not only calls us to live inside-out, it keeps the outside from coming in."
As an athlete, it is VERY important for me to give GOD the GLORY in all things including my running. 
  • Nothing is impossible with God. Luke 1:37
  • I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Phil 4:13
  • ..or whatever you do, do all or the glory of God. 1 cor. 10:31
Costume Changes
"Life becomes so much simpler when there aren't so many costume changes." This is Beth Moores description of being consistent with walking the walk. 
But as we know in life there are many physical costume changes, for me I wear the outfit of mom, wife, hair stylist, friend and of course runner. Even though my roles may change my character should never change. 

Todays inspiration goes to Erin. 

Thankful for her friendship for loving people. She has reminded me of the little things that make a big difference. I have enjoyed watching her enjoy learning about Jesus. Watching her grow, love, and teach in a very difficult world. 

Beginners Corner:
Setting Goals
1. Make them personal: Most runners say they are not competitive, famous last words. However, with Garmin and Strava the temptation to compare ourselves is pretty intense. Try not to dance with the devil of comparison and competing. Your goals should be personal. 
2. Make it to the starting line: Don't give up, life happens, set backs are common, enjoy the journey.
3. Make your training flexible: Allow yourself grace. don't be afraid to change things up or switch things around. Think outside the box. Just don't give up!

Anita

COMMENT FOR THE CONTEST! SHARE THE TIME YOU THINK I WILL FINISH MY MARATHON AND THE WINNER WHO GETS CLOSEST GETS A PRIZE MAILED TO THEM FROM FLORIDA!!

1 comment: