"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Sunday, March 24, 2013

Getting to 50.

Since Thursday I knew I had to get 10 more miles in to have a 50 mile run week. I had devised several plans and they all  had one thing in common...RUNNING!

But when it came all together 10 miles fell on one day, crunch day: Today!
Friday..Excuses.
Saturday...More Excuses.
Sunday...Ran out of excuses.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
After a bargaining with myself  and the menu at Cracker Barrel I came to grips with eggbeaters and turkey sausage. I tried to gulp down the grits but knew that only a tablespoon of butter and just as much sugar was going to get those down. I opted away from the grits and traded those calories and saturated fat in for the the biscuit instead!

My food had 30 minutes to digest on the ride home. I could still taste the butter on my lips as I was lacing up my shoes.
I wanted to get at least 6 miles in before I had to meet the running group I was substitute coaching.  

The spring has boycotted Michigan. Another 33 degree day. No time to whine about it I quickly headed down the pavement trying to get 6 miles in before 2pm.

Almost the last one to arrive, I literally came running in to meet the group as they were all stretching.
I raced my eyes across their faces to see if I was welcomed. No one got back in their cars to leave so I knew they did not hate me for pushing them outside their comfort zones the week prior.
After having them sign in I asked them how they felt after we had ran our 2 miles at a 2:1 run/walk the week before.
Since they said they felt no soreness just a bit of fatigue after running I replied, "Good, then we shall do it again!"
And we did!

After running with the group I still only had 47 miles. I ran around the parking lot to make up to my 50 miler.  I get confused very easy so that allows me and math to battle a bit more.
After leaving I soon realized I was a mile short. I was not surprised by my miscalculations just flustered.
"I have to get 1 more mile in."
This was MY GOAL.
I HAVE TO achieve it.
With my running shoes still warmed up I pulled in the driveway and grabbed Sheba to get me to 50!

THE RUNDOWN:
Distance: 6 miles
Pace: 7:58
Distance 4 miles
2 miles w/HRR 2 alone
Total:10 miles
Total miles for week: 50

"If you do not step forward you will ALWAYS be in the same place!"

Anita

No comments:

Post a Comment