"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Thursday, October 19, 2023

Somewhere in the middle of NO where


"Bless me, even me also, O my Father.." Genesis 27:34
Another rainy day.  
Another cold damp day that the dreariness leads to weariness. 
I set goals to prepare for these days in hope that I could prevail in times of dread like today. 

I didn't have a lot going on today. My phone wasn't ringing, my calendar was open and my head really was more active than my legs. 
I decided to just RUN. 

After an early morning in the word flipping through Genesis, I took my empty coffee cup to the sink and started to get ready for the next few hours of running. 
It left me with many thoughts I needed to think on. 
********
I ran and ran, my wheels were turning. Thoughts were colliding with the scriptures I read on DECEIPT, GRUDGES, BLESSINGS, and REDEMPTION. 

I could totally relate on so many levels. Some of the people in our lives we thought we should trust duped us or deceived us. 
We cried bitterly, as Esau did in Genesis when his blessing was stolen. 
And a seed is planted, a seed of bitterness from that first tear and a grudge against them develops...
Friendships dissolve. 
Families separate. 
Jobs are lost. 
Moments turn to bitter memories. 
And hearts are broken. 

As I ran the backroads in Holly I had no idea where my legs were taking me. I had no knowledge of my limbs I just circulating thoughts. 
Mile into miles I ran. 
Genesis 48:15-16 "The God who has been my shepherd all my life to this day, The angel who redeemed me from all evil." 
These were the words of Jacob.
The brothers reconciled over 20 years later. 
Out of a wounded heart our thoughts can turn evil. Two brothers with over 20 years of grudges. Vengeance and grudges are entertained but the Lord can redeem. 
We can't camp there. The road off the cliff is fun for a while, but I had to reign in back in. 
On these thoughts I began to feel my legs sore from running. I was aware of my heavy breathing and breathlessne. 
And I Smiled. 
I have been redeemed. 
As I ran all by myself, with only my thoughts I smiled. I have so much comfort and peace all by myself. 
The Lord redeems. 
His redemption gives us peace. 
His redemption removes the shackles of bitterness.
His redemption shines grace upon us to give to others. 

RUNDOWN:
"Mastery requires endurance....Mastery is not merely a commitment to a goal, but to a curved line, constant pursuit....Mastery is in the reaching, not the arriving." Sarah Lewis

SOMEWHERE in the MIDDLE of NO WHERE is where I ended up without a plan just a goal. I knew I wanted to run long and slow. 
It happened gradually...
With that being the case, I really didn't map out a course. I ended up with more miles that I wanted and when I discovered I was going to be running over I knew I needed MUSIC. 
My wobbly legs got a second wind. I found myself running and smiling. 
Even as the drizzle wet my skin and a head wind hit me, I was still smiling. 
REDEEMED.
 


In Peace, Not Pieces, 
ANITA



 




2 comments: