"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Monday, August 22, 2022

Rise Up: Be Strong

 

“Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength.” —Arnold Schwarzenegger

I have been reading the book of Joshua. I continue to be encouraged by Joshua who was born into slavery and was close to 90 years old when he became Israels leader. What might seem a man at his end was only just beginning!
Multiple times we are reminded to "Be Strong and Courageous." 

"Army against Army" 
There are many battles in Joshua. Battles that on the outside looking in were not in favor for Israel. 
I sure can relate. 
I have had seasons and situations where I feel the odds are not in my favor. 
I didn't stand a chance.
It looked like I should just throw in the towel.
We are all fighting battles. 
We come into many battles, with ourselves, with others, with life, with our health, you can fill in the blank.  
Army against army we are fighting. Sometimes we feel like we are fighting all of hell. We feel like we have put our armor on, we think we are equipped, we feel prepared, and we take our army into battle and when the fight doesn't quite go our way, we retreat. 
Our Strength is depleted before we barely start. 

"Rise UP" 
I have had battles that I have fallen on my face. Battles the army of my heart have led me wrong. 
These are my mistakes, my mishaps and my miscommunications. 
I am reminded to not stay down. To rise up and get back out there. 
We have to find our Strength to RISE UP. 

Confidence: 
"In whom we had boldness and access with confidence through our faith in HIM." 
Eph 3:12
This life requires Strength. 
Relationships require Strength.
Jobs require Strength.
Families require Strength.
Our faith requires Strength.
Our health requires Strength. 
But in my own capacity, I am not supplied with enough strength to battle life on life's terms. 
I am but a ragamuffin. 
But when I lock in my confidence in HIM, that is where I find enough sStrength to conquer the armies against me and the battles within me. 

Collision:
"Anita, why do you think you run?" Terry from the recovery class I facilitate asked me on Tuesday night. 
I paused. 
I felt my heart double beat, my face get flushed and tears begin to well up. 
I tried to locate the simple answer to a complex question. 
I answered the question very generic, however; pondered the thought all the way home. 
My running has never made sense to most. I have had many people give their opinions, their judgements and their wisdom. 
For me running has become a ministry of strength, perseverance, stamina, endurance and so many characters we need to be reminded of before we quit, giving God the Glory. 
The odds were stacked against me. I learned how to fight, army against army very young. 
The army of addiction. 
The army of a misfit.
The army of insecurity. 
The army of loneliness
I lost a lot of battles. I fought a lot of battles that never needed to be fought. 
But when I found Jesus, I discovered how much strength I had and how much MORE I had with HIM.

When I was diagnosed with TNBC in 2019, I never fully fell apart. I coached myself from the strength the Lord had given me through my running. I believe the Lord has given me this crazy gift called RUNNING to give HIM the Glory as He fought my battles. 
He gave me strength when I was weak.
He made a way when there seemed no way.
He gave me confidence when my identity was stripped away. 
He gave me hope when I was hopeless.
Another round of chemo. Another blood draw. Sick, lifeless and hurting He secured me under His wings. 
When people ask me "How...." It's not me, It is Him, His strength in my weakness. 
I am just a pipsqueak.  He get the Glory. 

Rise UP. Be strong in THE LORD. He will move mountains. 

"When life gets to hard to stand, kneel." 


IN PEACE, not Pieces,
Anita~ 

“The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places.” —Ernest Hemingway


3 comments: