"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Monday, December 27, 2021

Glory and Grace

Grace is but Glory begun, and Glory is but Grace perfected. 
~ Jonathan Edwards, Preacher


Let us open our hearts, let us open our eyes, let us open our ears to this beauty life has. 
Let's not miss out on the marvels for the mundane. 

At 48 years of living, that is 47 winters, summers, springs and falls, that a multitude of experiences that have been duplicated, but each one just a little different. 
"Andy, I have seen 48 winters and each one is as beautiful as the first one." I shared as I looked out the car window at a fresh snow. 
That joy of creation, the awe of magnificence. 

Today, I chased behind my running partners through the trails at Holdridge. 

For all the years I have been running it, every mile looked beautifully unfamiliar.  
A fresh snow spread across the forest like a thick cozy blanket. The snow was glorious so perfect and unmarked. 
However, in its beauty I knew what was hidden beneath its delicate overlay would be my demise. 
I was not safe from what was tucked just 3 inched below. 
I fell not once, but twice. I knew tripping and falling would most likely be part of my 16-mile wooded adventure but that wouldn't keep me from not experiencing such splendor. 



GRACE

"And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me." ~ 2 Corinthians 12:9


My name "Anita" actually means Grace. The funny part is I have no grace. I am a clumsy, awkward and sometimes unmanageable mess. 
I knew running outside I would be taking some chances, but it wouldn't trump the beauty I knew awaited. 
Life is meant to be lived. Life is meant to take chances. No regrets, I want to live this life fully in whatever capacity I am in. 
The Grace of God does all my heavy lifting. He doesn't promise perfection. 
But His Grace gives me the endurance to not give up.
His Grace gives me the power to stand back up, wipe myself off and get back out there. 
When I see God's Grace on me, I see so many opportunities waiting for me to live out that Grace.  

If we want to venture into this magnificent life God intended for us, we must learn how to live by His Grace to experience His Glory. 

RUNDOWN: 
Onesie Christmas Eve hike at Holly Rec.  


December13th-19th= 32 miles
Long Run 20 miler. I ran a loop from my house to Clarkston and back home in SHORTS! 
December 20-26= 44 miles.
Long run 19 birthday miles at Holdridge. 

 
Joe surprised me with birthday cake!

Amazing grace! How sweet the sound, That saved a wretch like me! I once was lost but now am found, Was blind but now I see. ~ John Newton, Hymnist



In your hurt, in your pain, your sadness, your disappointments, there is Glory and there is Grace. 
Anita~ 
 





No comments:

Post a Comment