"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Monday, June 7, 2021

Preparing for Charlevoix Marathon: Simple list.

 "Fear is gradually replaced by excitement and a simple desire to see what you can do on the day." Lauren Fleshman



Charlevoix Marathon is Saturday June 19th. I am not going to lie. I am nervous. I always get nervous when I have a goal. And I get especially nervous when I have already failed that goal already once this year. 

THE GOAL: 3h 49min. 

THE FEARS:
  1. That I am not going to be able to accomplish it. 
  2. That I am washed up, beat up and burnt out and my faster marathon days are gone. 
  3. That I need to accept reality, start acting my age & if I fail again maybe I should start knitting. 
MY HOPES:
  1. That the weather would be kind to us at 6am, our start time. 
  2. My legs and lungs would work like they did in my 30's. 
  3. That I don't get lost or stung by any jelly fish....:) (A1A)
  4. That nobody notices when I pee my pants at mile 20. 
MY PREPERATIONS: 
  1. This year, I have ran a marathon in February & a 50k in April. 
  2. I did Yasso 800's twice hitting my target pace. sucks
  3. I scheduled my prerace massage next week. 
  4. May 24-30=38 miles, May 31-June 6= 69miles (step back week, last peak week)
  5. Hill repeats, targeted pace for 12 miler and biking to cross train. sucks
  6. I purchased my nutrition for race day and new sunglasses!
MY FAILURES
  1. I ran too may miles this week. I needed extra mental health miles this week. It was better than throat punching people or drowning in emo tears. 
MY DIET
  1. Protein smoothies after every workout, a MUST and a Probiotic. 
  2. Whole wheat waffles in the morning...just started this lil routine. 
  3. Been drinking water...(I only like water with coffee grounds in it) 
MY TO-DO
  1. Figure out my race outfit
  2. Work on play list
  3. Figure out if I am going to carry my own water.
Rundown:
T-12 days. 
I did my 12 miler on the trails at Holly Rec. The training program called for 12 miles. Chris wanted to change it up and run trails at Holly rec, 2 loops, 2 hour 15 minutes was his goal. Andy and I met him and the heat was picking up faster than my legs were. We hit the goal, that was exciting. 
That should have been my last long run. 
Andy wanted company running the following day back at Holly rec for some loops he is training. 
HIS GOAL: 4 loops= 16.5 miles. 
I knew it was going to be a challenge due to the heat, but you run them slow and smart. 
YOU have to PREPARE for the sweat fest. We set out chairs and made it a aid station with towels, clothing, a cooler, a bag of food, salt tabs, and GU. I drank water and sugar free Gatorade, 16 Oz on each loop and I peed every loop....this is a good thing, it gauges if you are properly hydrated. 
I know I shouldn't have ran those miles but Andy needed company. We should never be miserable alone, you know misery likes company! 

SIDE NOTE: 
Last weekend, I was a HOT MESS of emotion. Sorry for the emotional post. This weekend was a another emotional weekend but I managed it better, hence why my miles were up! 
But I want to make it very clear. No matter how sad, how upset I get, God is GOOD all the time. 
No matter how dark the days, how broken I may feel, I know that life is GOOD. I have no ill feelings, no bitterness, no unforgiveness in my heart. I am joyful in my sorrow, grateful for Gods plan for my life. I am loved and I love. I love my family, I love my mother and father. They had a terrible disease. They loved me and my siblings. My parents were beautiful people, kind, loving, funny, generous, adventurous, addiction just interrupts that. My mom and  dad were beautiful on the inside and out. 

ANITA~


3 comments:

  1. I don't think there are jellyfish in Lake Michigan.....

    Good luck! You've got this! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. MICHELLE! will you be up there? No Jellyfish in Lake Michigan?! What a disappointment :)

    Thank YOU, Fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete