"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Wednesday, November 6, 2019

Shrink Wrapped


“The pain you feel today will be the strength you feel tomorrow.”

When people ask how I feel after having my breasts removed I say "Like I have been shrink wrapped".
I am one week out.
  • I still have my drain tubes in.
  • I have hardly any drainage, the last couple days nothing to really record. 
  • I still have my wound vac. 
  • I still am bandaged up like a piece of meat in a food saver. 
Today, also marks week 6 post chemo.
The pancake bald spot on the top of my head is starting to grow in. 



Pain. I have had very little pain to complain about. 
I haven't taken any narcotics from the get go. 
I am uncomfortable. 
And a bit whiny. 
Sleep...well that is where the dread begins. I have to sleep sitting up. I can't sleep on my side, it is very sore especially the side the 5 lymph nodes removed.
I am still bruised from where the Lymph were removed. This is where my pain would be mostly felt, in my right arm. 
It was more of achy feeling. 
But the strongest thing I have taken for pain is at night, one Naproxen along with my antibiotic, Synthroid and a Motrin Pm. 

Play it forward. 
Kris V. gifted me a recliner. It is the type of gift that was given to her to help with her recovery, then forwarded to me for mine, and when I am recovered, I then will pass on this lovely gift originated from the Skaffs. 

PAIN. Just because I haven't taken anything stronger doesn't mean I am a stronger person. 
We are all created different. We have different pain receptors. We all have different pain tolerances. no matter how you cut it.. Pain is terrible. 
I would never want anyone to have to go through the pain I have had to go through to become less sensitive to the pain I could be dealing with today. 
I am grateful for all that pain. God has protected me in all my pain. It has helped me. 
Every heartache, every tear, all of it has helped me for today. For this cancer
And this cancer too will help me with whatever will come tomorrow. 
Just like this wonderful recliner that was forwarded to me and I will soon foreword to someone else, that is how pain comes with purpose. You feel it, use it, learn from it and take it into your tomorrows. 
I was chatting with a friend this morning "Pain always comes with a purpose. Its our perspective that gives us the direction to see life."  and might I add live life without resentments, regrets and bitterness. 
Life is full of pain. 
Life will make you Bitter or Life will make you Better. 

 Pain is inevitable. 
We are in a society we want no pain. We don't want to hurt. Physically or emotionally.  
There is so much to learn in the process of pain. 
Learn to feel. Learn to manage that pain. Learn to appreciate your pain. 


Psalm 147:3. "He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds."


Dr. Johnson called me Monday night to tell me I had a "Pathalogic complete response."
Basically NO LIVING CANCER CELLS IN MY BREASTS!
That does not mean there is a period on this journey. I still have to have radiation. I will know more next week when I see my Dr.
But for TODAY, We Praise God!
Special Thank you to all those that have Blesssed me and my family with dinners, gifts, cards. visits and love. Lacey R, Jean, Linda A, L.D and Lindas small group and Angela W for all your love.  
Thank you, Holly P, Mom, Tammy and her family, Ruth G, Claudia, for the wonderful meals. 

Anita~

No comments:

Post a Comment