"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Saturday, February 23, 2019

Moving from Here to There:

"You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream." 
C.S. Lewis


GOALS:
2019 Goals: Run more intentional, Run stronger, smarter and harder. 
Monthly Goals, Weekly Goals: I have set goals at different stages of my training that all play into the BIG Picture. For me, this is the best way to stay focused and less scatterbrained. A little less anyway.

Monthly Goals: *Add more miles. *Run in a new/newer location. *Run at least one race a month. 
Weekly Goals: Run Sore, add mileage, pick up speed, drop mileage, focus on diet and recovery to name a few of my weekly goals.

My training this year is different than last year. It is more than just getting miles. I can get miles in all day long, run run run, run, run....
I did that last year. And I didn't get any faster or stronger. I sure had a lot of fun though. 
This year, I have decided to have a few smaller single digit runs in there. Faster, harder runs, hills, speed work, tempo, progressive...that means recovery days. Time off is important.  
I purposely design my runs for the week and stay dedicated to the plan. EX. My Speedwork /Hills are done mostly after a rest day. so I have fresh legs.  If I have a long run with my group I don't want to over do it the day before and hinder my run with them making them run slowly because I ran too hard the day before.  I design my training then stick to the plan as close as possible.

Lacey bought me this running journal for my birthday. It is one of the best training journals I have ever had. 
February, a word I can just NEVER spell, I wrote out my goals, my plans, my thoughts even. 


From Here, I have finished up my 25k, Snow Moon Run. I didn't meet my timed goal but managed to get 3rd place overall female by shock. I didn't run it hard, I just ran it steady. The conditions were not worth getting injured over. It was bad enough that I got a 2 inch blister, something I didn't even get after running last years 100k in Pinckney. 
From Here, the winter should start tuckering out, allowing me to run stronger trails and roads. 
From Here, I have noticed the days getting longer, I have been able to have some evening runs. 
From Here, I have managed to stay uninjured, maintaining 40-45 mile run weeks. (My goal miles) 

To There, I have signed up for a 10 mile run in FLORIDA in March with all my family! 
To There, add some new training runs. 
To There, Probility Ann Arbor Marathon. 


RUNDOWN:
Sunday: RECOVERY from Snow Moon Trail 25K
We found clear paths at Indian springs for our 20miler. Lacey put a podcast in that picked our pace up the last 7 miles. Sword and Scale, I don't think I slept that night after listening to the real life murder in DETAIL. 

Monday: 20 miles Indian Springs
Tuesday: REST
Wednesday: HILL Repeats, 6.35 milles
Thursday: Fun run, Trails 13.5
Beautiful trails. 
Friday:  Moderate Run w/ Andy, 4 miles
Saturday: REST
TOTAL MILES: 43.85




Training TIP: Plan to run a 50k race to lead up to any race distance beyond 40 miles. This is the purpose of all my races. Each one is purposely placed in my training to benefit the Goal Race, Kettle Moraine 100k.  I do this for multiple reasons:
1. My training plans tell me too!
2. It s good mental training
3. It helps me to test out my hydration, fuel, gear and fine tune my fitness. 

Anita


No comments:

Post a Comment