"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Rest Don't Rust.

Detroit is T-4 days!

This week the taper continues with todays run, a WHOLE 4.5 miles. Easy like Sunday Morning.
For a grand total of....Drum Roll Please...12.5 miles!

I may run a COUPLE more miles..and then I may not.
It is sooo stinking COLD here. The cold weather only made it easier to NOT run. It made TAPERING back that 25% of my average miles really simple.

The idea of tapering is to Rest Not Rust. To allow your body to recover, heal and rest so you have fresh legs for the race. It is important to continue to run your intervals or keep up on your workouts.  Trust your training and cut your mileage back 25-50% the last 3 weeks of your training.
You will not loose any fitness, this time actually makes your stronger.

Todays run was my first run in leggings this season.
It was also my first run where it was dark by 7:30pm.
And todays run was my first run in my new running hat I purchased off Poshmark.
LOVE it.
It is REVERSIBLE! A beautiful aqua color on one side and the other side is dark grey. The brand is Sugoi. They sell this brand at "Complete Runner" in Flint. Sugoi has amazing running and cycling clothes for both men and woman.
Not the best picture..But you get the idea. I think I am going to cuddle with this hat tonight. I love it. 




TAPERING also opens up my day so I can do some fun shopping. Today I made it to Rochester to Trader Joes. I have been trying to make it out there at least once a month.
I bought this granola to try for Detroit Freepress Marathon. This will go in my bag of goodies for me and the girls this weekend.
I also bought a bunch of other goodies for THE WINNER of my MUSHROOM Contest.
Unfortunetly..NO ONE ANSWERED MY BLOG!
I had almost 300 people read that post but NO ONE WANTED TO PLAY.
BIG Bummer too. I purchased some really fun goodies.


Sundays marathon should be interesting. The weather right now is HIGH of 41' and WINDY.
I am going to pack everything!
Skirt, tights, jacket, throw away jacket, gloves, socks, shoes, shirts, arm sleeves, hats, sun glasses. water bottle, gu's, and the list goes on!

My Bib # is 662.
Between the Half Marathon and the Marathon I have ran Detroit close to 10 times.
Detroit is one of my favorite Marathons. It holds my P.R. for the half marathon and has MANY Many tears down its streets. I was training for this marathon when I lost Ariel. I almost didn't run it that year. I always dedicate mile 21 to Ariel.
This mile reminds me to FIGHT. To dig deep, grab a hold of HOPE, FAITH, and PERSEVERENCE and let them drive you to the Finish Line.
This mile encourages me to Trust the Process.
I remember training those last 3 weeks before Detroit. I just wanted to die. Even though I had my boys I had so much loss I was broken. I felt like a black cloud just hung over me. Life wasn't fair. I couldn't it take anymore.
I was running my last longish run down E. Holly rd. I was crying, sick, confused,hurt. Oh God, I hurt soo bad. I was so dazed and depressed I had allowed my body to run into oncoming traffic. I was void of any control over myself. I snapped too after almost getting hit and a car swerving from me. I found myself broken alongside the road in some trees trying to get it together.
It was at that point, at my bottom, the beginning of my end I knew I needed a voice bigger that my own.
I had listened to my grief, my tears, my pain...
Sometimes it is soo hard to get over ourselves. Grief and Pain can bury you emotionally and physically if you let it. I opened my heart back up to Gods healing promises. He breathed life slowly back into me and strengthened me for great and mighty things.

"The Lord hears the Brokenhearted and saves those crushed in Spirit."


Anita~






No comments:

Post a Comment